Likewise.

I just goggled her - that’s not blood she’s sucking! :o

Both goes for ADN test ;D

I hope that’s Blood ;D

Come on she’s a very nice lady the past it’s the past ;D ;D

“The Law And Jake Wade” (1958)
-Robert Taylor, Richard Widmark

Plot: IMDB
Jake Wade is a one-time outlaw who has gone straight and is now the Marshall in a small town. His past catches up with him when his former partner, Clint Hollister, takes him prisoner in order to get his share of the loot from their last job together. To make sure Jake cooperates, they also take his fiancée Peggy along for the trip. Peggy learns all too quickly about Jake’s past. When they reach the ghost town where Jake hid the money, they have to fight off a band of marauding Indians.

Phantom’s Review: Fine western drama. Good and interesting plot, good acting and some decent action. Very enjoyable.

The Koch version of Hate Thy Neighbour which I was thrilled to see again. George Eastman never used to be a fave of mine, but as I’m seeing better quality prints these days instead of older vid-rips, I’m seeing films and actors literally in a different light.
Great print and English audio - far better than my old full-scream with martian subtitles I can tell ya!

Over the last 3 days, I’ve been watching a marathon of epics.

The Big Trail (Raoul Walsh)
John Wayne’s first lead role and his first credited role. A very interesting film. Wonderful depiction of the Oregon Trail with some very well done scenes that both show off the large budget and depict actual life on the trail. The battle with the indians is a particularly impressive scene as it is big and impressive. One of the most convincing covered wagon indian battles I’ve seen. But the film is somewhat odd. It is an extremely early film (1930) and half assedly tells the characters story. Well, it’s told well enough but is not stressed or given enough focus. It is not dramatic. But it’s an interesting view.

Union Pacific (Cecil B. DeMille)
Doesn’t really feel that Western. A well done drama set in the west (but it’s definitely Western). The plot is rather slim but there are no shortage of impessive scenes. Some scenes seem too long which badly effects the film as these scenes are not related to the plot.

The Big Country (William Wyler)
A good film which successfully balances the epic and the personal. Enough scenes show off the big budget, but they do not overshadow the plot and drama as they so often did in Duel in the Sun. The cast is great. Chuck Connors is especially good as the bad son of the rival rancher. what I thought was interesting is that Peck’s character sides with the bigger rancher by association. Therefor, we think of these guys as the good guys. But it is this side that is worse than the others. A well made Western epic from one of the makers of Religious Epics.

Cimarron (Anthony Mann)
Interesting film. Really like any of the characters too much but their is no shortage of great show offy scenes. I haven’t seen the original yet but it is an interesting story.

watching Chuck Mool at the mo - 5 years maybe since I’d seen it last. Don’t know what new versions there are out there but gotta say the vid-rip I’m watching looks good. Thoroughly enjoying it so far - tho’ I’m tapping this into the netbook whilst Clucher has a pre-Trinity fisticuff (complete with frying pan in the face :stuck_out_tongue: ) moment that disturbs an otherwise good western. Still - some unexpected realism with the playing cards, which do not have the numbers in the corners - (cos they didn’t come in til the 1890s).
That has to be the same wood as is in Today It’s Me… that they’ve jus’ been thru?
Ooops - scrapping over … back to the movie… :slight_smile:

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:7046, topic:141”]The Koch version of Hate Thy Neighbour which I was thrilled to see again. George Eastman never used to be a fave of mine, but as I’m seeing better quality prints these days instead of older vid-rips, I’m seeing films and actors literally in a different light.
Great print and English audio - far better than my old full-scream with martian subtitles I can tell ya![/quote]

All disputes in life should be handled like this

Rowland: Man Called Gringo[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Sie_nannten_ihn_Gringo[/url]
-Typical (and boring) early eurowestern.

[quote=“I…I…Idiot, post:7049, topic:141”]All disputes in life should be handled like this

[/quote]
Words to live by.

RUN OF THE ARROW, the DANCES WITH THE WOLVES of the 50s. Not bad actually, Bronson also plays a small role as the Sioux chief

Day of Anger was viewed. One of my faves and probably the western I’ve seen the most.

Blood River (1974).

Indian takes revenge on the men who killed his people years ago. A love triangle is thrown in for good measure. John Ireland looks tired in this one and Fabio Testi to thin. Nothing great but film kept me watching.

Incident at Phantom Hill (1966)
An entertaining Oater with Robert Fuller and Dan Duryea as villain. Duryea is doing an excellent job as former Confederate Officer who has robbed a Gold treasure during the Civil War. After the War a small troop is on a secret mission to search for the stolen treasure in the Comanche region. Also a beautiful Woman (Jocelyn Jane a 60’s look alike of Jessica Alba) joins the men on a dangerous mission …
I enjoyed this flick which wasted some potential (especially on the characterization of the men on a misson).

THE RETURN OF RINGO - enjoyed it just as much as the previous times I’ve seen it, possibly my favourite song in a spaghetti.

Walker (Alex Cox)
An interesting film. A true story which I am unfamiliar with. Ed Harris is William Walker, the man who took over Nicaragua in the 1850’s. As the film progresses, so do its anachronisms. Starting with a Zippo lighter. Continuing on to Newsweek magazines, Marlboro, Coca Cola, Toyota’s, and eventually Helicopters. It’s full of Cox craziness which overbalances the film. In the end, it feels like too much.

Lust In The Dust.

Not to serious one about Divine and Tab Hunter in the search for gold. To much time is spent in a bar in the first part of the film and I did not find the film funny. Lots of actors who have appeared in at least one Spaghetti pop up in support roles which kept me from falling asleep.

Texas Adios was viewed and even convinced the wife to sit through most of it although I suspect that has something to do with Franco Nero. :wink: