The Last Western You Watched?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:4797, topic:141”]Just curious, but did Mallory die?[/quote]no :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:4796, topic:141”]Moroni: Mallory must not diehttp://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Mio_nome_è_Mallory…_M_come_morte%2C_Il (dvd-r)
-well that was pretty awful…[/quote]
Anyone watching this film will surely think that “Moroni must die”

[quote=“Silver Wolf, post:4799, topic:141”]Anyone watching this film will surely think that “Moroni must die”[/quote]haha!

Simonelli: 2 Sons of Ringo[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Due_figli_di_Ringo%2C_I[/url] (dvd-r)
-First Franco & Ciccio film I’ve seen and it wasn’t that bad. It’s a parody of For a Few Dollars More and at times it’s pretty funny, at least much funnier than For a Few Dollars Less. Co-stars George Hilton and Pedro Sanches as well as some other sw regulars.

“The Horse Soldiers” (1959)
-John Wayne, William Holden

Plot:IMDB
A Union Cavalry outfit is sent behind confederate lines in strength to destroy a rail/supply center. Along with them is sent a doctor who causes instant antipathy between him and the commander. The secret plan for the mission is overheard by a southern belle who must be taken along to assure her silence. The Union officers each have different reasons for wanting to be on the mission.

Phantoms Review: Solid well made John Wayne adventure. Plenty of action and a good story (based on true events) and fine performances from the stars.

“Massacre At Grand Canyon”(1964) First western directed by Sergio Corbucci and an early spaghetti western and the criticisms of the early SW’s in which people say they seem too Amercian certainly applies here and it is not corbuccis best as you might expect. It has one or two good moments but is a lesser film than other early spaghettis such as " Gunfight At Red Sands" and Corbucci’s next effort “Minnesota Clay”. cast is adequate nothing more and film is average. Thought the song over the credits " The Cowboy Song" by Rod Dana was one of the weaker efforts.

Reprisal (1956)

Guy Madison and Felicia Farr star in this average western. Madison is a half breed ranch owner caught up in old west racial tension.

I Will Fight No More Forever (1975, Richard T. Heffron)

Recording from German TV (ZDF)

I wanted to watch this film, made for TV, for quite some time, but couldn’t find a decent copy.
Insightful, powerful rendition of the fruitless struggle of Chief Joseph and his Nez Perce (Pierced Noses) to fly to Canada for the US army in order to retain their way of life. The ending, with Chief Joseph speaking the words from the title, is a bit painful fo watch

A bit slow in spots, but beautifully shot and well-acted, especially by James Whitmore as general Howard, a rather complex character who understands the Indians but is, at the same time, too much of a martinet to step out of his military role. Also with a still very young Sam Elliot. Most actors playing Indians are indeed of Indian descent, which helps the film a lot

Not perfect, but a must see
3.5 / 5

Mutiny at Fort Sharp
Pretty good one, but with quite a bit of an american western feel to it, mainly becasue of the uninspired soundtrack. Solid drama about a fort under siege of indians and the tensions among the men there. a bit of romance thrown in as well.

God Forgives…I Don’t

My 14 year old was awake with me early this morning so we needed something to watch together. She really enjoyed it and tells me that this is her favourite spaghetti western title. (apparently she had seen it on my shelf for a while and always thought it sounded cool)
Fun for all the family

Death Rides a Horse

Second time I see it, and I liked it better this time. 5/5

[quote=“Phil H, post:4806, topic:141”]God Forgives…I Don’t

My 14 year old was awake with me early this morning so we needed something to watch together. She really enjoyed it and tells me that this is her favourite spaghetti western title. (apparently she had seen it on my shelf for a while and always thought it sounded cool)
Fun for all the family[/quote]
Who says sw’s are not for the family. I have 2 children (15 & 8) & the 8 year old loves sw’s (with discretion on which ones or parts of obviously)

[quote=“Silence, post:4807, topic:141”]Death Rides a Horse

Second time I see it, and I liked it better this time. 5/5 [/quote]

3 on my top 20 list.

I’m trying to watch Stranger In Town w/ Tony Anthony & apparently Jim Croce as his nemesis. Not really feeling it as it tries the hardest to duplicate the dollars movies. I know a lot do but this one is just 2 much.

Pirates of the Mississippi
A Winnetou rip-off, but much more awkward. I could have forgiven some clumsiness, but it’s boring as well…

Middle daughter and I were up at stupid o’clock again this morning so decided to continue the Collizi / Cat Stevens trilogy seeing as though God Forgives went down so well yesterday. Ace High hit the player this morning and although I love Eli Wallach and he is first class as usual this one is still second best in the series for me. Enjoyable but not an example of the sequel outdoing the original.
Sally agreed so I guess she must have inherited my taste as well as good looks.

Iquino: 4 Candles for my Colthttp://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Mia_Colt_ti_cerca…_4_ceri_ti_aspettano%2C_La (dvd-r)
-Below average stuff but Robert Woods is good in the lead role as a Dirty Harry type sheriff.

Man Yi Yang: Master Killers[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Kung_Fu_nel_pazzo_west[/url] (dvd-r)
-Kung fu western with William Berger and Donal O’Brien as a nad guys. Not much plot here, just long kung fu fight scenes. Looks like they borrowed the last scene from another film as the 2 guys starts fighting in the western town but suddenly they teleport to outdoors.

Dust in the Sun
An offbeat and at times strange western adaptation of “Hamlet”, which was very ejoyable afterall

Over the last week:
Vendetta At Dawn 5/10
Arizon Colt Returns 6,5/10
Hey Amigo! A Toast to Your Death 7/10

The Belle Starr Story

I didn’t expect much ater BL’s review but I liked it. Except the awful music score.

Apparently I’m among the few who have a strong disliking for it.

$100,000 for Ringo
Very muddled plot and lots of action. Average, but with brlilliant muscial score and one of the better Harrison’s performances [in my opinion] 5/10