The Last Western You Watched?

Yeah I watched it in the afternoon while drinking coffee… it’s short (82 minutes) but it felt longer, I thought it had some nice moments and Ivan Rassimov was good.

Coffee just might be what I need. Thanks for the tip :wink:

Just finished watching A Reason To Live, A Reason To Die. Meh…won’t need to revist that one for a long time.

Yeah, surprising how uninspiring it is.
By Valerii, with a great cast. Coulda been so much more.

Much, much more.

Of all the SWs you could expect to get some quality out of them, this is the most disappointing. A disaster compared to its possibilities.

Ha ha look at Telly Savalas, does he do anything? Only standing around with hanging arms like he’s waiting for some acting instructions, but becomes nothing. Never seen him so dull. But so is the complete film.

Well I just watched A Town Called Hell, which I would say was even a bit better than A Reason To Live, A Reason To Die. At least Telly did something in this one!!!

Wow, I’m kinda surprised so many of you don’t really care for Reason to Live, Reason to Die… of the many I’ve seen, it’s one I always remember liking… Yeah, Savalas was a cornball, but Coburn was awesome and Spencer wasn’t doing comedy, both plusses. I love the opening/closing scene when they’re both standing there in the carnage looking shocked.

“Hang 'Em High”

Great movie

[quote=“Phantom Stranger, post:3953, topic:141”]“Hang 'Em High”

Great movie[/quote]

Hell yes!

Just revisited Django Kill…I suppose I was in the mood for a sadistic gay-muchacho movie! :wink:

Anyway I watched that for the first time about a year and a half ago, and just watched it for the second time now. Although not exactly my cup of tea I think it’s a pretty interesting movie and a good contribution to the genre.

Plus I forgot how much I liked the theme song…

The theme song is my ringtone!

If you like Coburn, then he is never bad. I like Coburn.

But this can’t save a film which gives me the impression that none of the people involved had any interest in this film. They had probably a slightly larger budget, but the screenplay and the directing are mostly hopelessly uninspired.

Well, there are a few good moments, but there are also too much surprisingly dull moments. The whole long part when they enter the fortress is so ridiculous conceived that I never know should I cry or laugh.
The then following action scenes are at best routine, but often are also only dull.

I don’t know what went wrong, but it surely was a lot.

Amen!

Saw Trinity Is Still My Name and didn’t like it at all (apart from the title theme), I like the first one though.

Yesterday I saw Tramplers, which was quite remarkable considering the fact that it’s one of the early American style SWs.
I think, the end was quite weird: there are so many guys being easily killed by Scott and Mitchum. Usually a high bc is not a bad thing, but here it’s so unspectacular. And I thought Mitchum’s change was a bit strange, too. We did nt know, that he went away, then he comes home as a one armed dipsomaniac gunslinger (oadg).
But once being that oadg his shooting is impressively elegant!

Man of the EAST
Death Sentence

Trinity is still my name
In my opionion better than the first one, but not by much.

Encore double header. God’s Gun and Take A Hard Ride.

What’s your take on God’s Gun?

I like it. It’s the first time I’ve seen it. I’d watch it again. I like Van Cleef.

I have Kid Vengeance but haven’t seen it yet. How is it?