The Last Western You Watched? ver.2.0

The John Ford/John Wayne cavalry trilogy (1948 -1950); my favourite of the three being ‘Fort Apache’.
Good, rousing entertainment, with Monument Valley and Moab as majestic back-drops for the onscreen action…

4 Likes

Nest of Vipers - French dvd, italian audio.

5558Nest15

6 Likes

A relaxing afternoon yesterday…a cold beer, plus the always welcome company of iconic SW legends in a vintage 1965 tasty pasta dish…

Bounty hunters, maniacal bandits, the blistering heat of the Almeria Desert, a twitchy hunch-back, a crazy prophet, a buxom hotelier, bad teeth, musical pocket-watches, and a farm wagon loaded with stiffs…who could ask for anything more?

6 Likes

While not on the grand level of Toscano’s SW viewing, I did finally find El Cisco in English in the Vudu app last night. I have been curious about this one for quite some time but could never find it in English.

I went in with some pretty low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. It isn’t great by any stretch of the imagination but, despite some over the top gunplay, I enjoyed it. It has a simple and easy to follow plot plus William Berger and George Wang. What more could you want for late Saturday night viewing?

El Cisco - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

5 Likes

I just watched all four Magnificent Seven films. Haven’t really seen them in a long time, so it was great to refresh my memory.

The Magnificent Seven - still very enjoyable even if it isn’t quite as perfect as I remember it being.

Return of the Seven - what should have been the best sequel turns out to be only tolerable. It has some enjoyable moments but overall, it just feels bland. Even as a stand alone film, it isn’t exactly something I really want to watch again.

Guns of the Magnificent Seven - absolutely terrible. It’s surprising to see many people refer to it as the best sequel. This one is by far the worst in the series for me.

The Magnificent Seven Ride - maybe I shouldn’t be surprised (this was my favourite sequel as a kid) but I think this is the best one after the first film and remains a highly enjoyable film. I’ll definitely watch it again.

4 Likes

Heads or Tails - French dvd
It sure was an unusual SW.
TestaPosterBelgium

I think this one is underappreciated. But, a topless Edwige Fenech getting bull whipped in the street as the villainess takes sexual gratification from the act is on the “unusual” side. :wink:

1 Like

You have my attention… BluRay please

1 Like

Watched Young Guns (1988), a film that improves with each viewing for me.

4 Likes

Find a place to die
JoePosterItaly1

5 Likes