The Last Western You Watched? ver.2.0

Maybe i should rewatch this movie. I saw it only once, over thirty years ago, and was very disappointed.

Any Bullet will do (2018)…skip.

I thought it was hilarious when he pays that prostitute who turns out to be the only willing woman and then gets interrupted by those Mexicans!

My WE disc still hasn’t showed up…

The last western I watched:

Barbarosa (1981) starring Willie Nelson and Gary Busey. The film isn’t very well known and it was also a flop at the box office. I thought that it would turn out to be another average film but I was pleasantly surprised. It follows the story of a farmer who teams up with an outlaw after accidently killing his brother-in-law. There isn’t exactly a lot of action but this isn’t much of a problem since it has a short running time and there is plenty of content. Ignore negative reviews and check it out for yourself! Seems to be a lot of others who like this one, as well, and I’m definitely in that camp.
I got to see this thanks to a trade with Ali, so thank you very much, Beaumont-Adam/Ali! :+1:

4 Likes

You’re welcome!!

He never got a refund either. Poor Klaus!

Watched most of BLOOD AT SUNDOWN last night but the quality was so bad I had to stop. The film was a pan and scan of a scratched video tape and it hurt my eyes. The sound was OK though.

Oh no. Koch has a great DVD. Got to grab that man!

Watched the end last night. A few good punch ups but I wasn’t dazzled by BLOOD AT SUNDOWN. But Worth seeing for an Anthony Steffen fan like me though. I had to use optrex to finish it though.

Thanks for letting me know Gritz! Good old Koch!

1 Like

Oh, yes, please. I would be very interested to read your opinion.

’THE GOOD, THE BAD, & THE UGLY’ (1966)

Settled down last night with a bottle of Rioja, olives, pizza, tortilla chips, and a chilled bottle of San Miguel, to watch my number one film (and SW), of all-time.

I have always treated each viewing as a special occasion; because, to me, it is…and it feels very much akin to inviting a life-long friend into my living-room, for an evening of fun, and to catch up on what I missed the last time. With every viewing, there is always something new to discover…

There are so many personal memories attached to this beauty; from when I first watched it in 1976, as a child, to present day…the sense of wonder has not diminished in the slightest.

A three-hour work of art, that introduced me to the wonderful world of ‘Spaghetti Westerns’, the super-cool Clint Eastwood, the genre-changing Sergio Leone, and fanned the flames of my life-long love-affair with film soundtracks - courtesy of Ennio Morricone.

For that, alone, I will always be grateful to this celluloid legend, that has been such a significant ‘friend’, and an integral part of my life…

3 Likes

That’s fantastic Toscano thanks for sharing that.
That poster is my favourite of the DOLLARS film if not the whole genre. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Good call … ever think of playing the eat what they’re eating game from GBU ? … Tuco’s jamon, then Angel Eye’s vegetable stew … after a nice rest, you’re ready for the tossed salad at the prison camp …“very good for the digestion” :wink:

PS: You could also eat a Toscano cigar, like Tuco, but that’s pretty hardcore !

1 Like

May try the rest…but will give the cigar a miss! Cheers, Aldo… :grinning:

1 Like

I watched BLINDMAN last night, my first Tony Anthony movie!! I really enjoyed it, even Ringo Starr gave a decent performance, which surprised me. He never seemed out of place or silly.
Anthony gave a ZATOICHI type performance that was so unique I don’t think any other Spaghetti western actor could have pulled off.
The sound track was interesting the scenery baron and epic. Bit of nudity, I wasn’t expecting that but the greatest line in the film was:
“I want my 50 women.” so it should have been a given I suppose
Definitely a film I will revisit.

3 Likes

Yeah Blindman rocks! Going to give La Belva a go tonight myself.

2 Likes

Just watched Ride Lonesome (1959) starring Randolph Scott. I really enjoyed this one. A good script with enough action to satisfy. Mill Creek have really improved with the quality of their prints. The DVD is 2.35:1 with a clear picture and clear mono audio. The Randolph Scott sets are worth picking up if you’re into American westerns like I am.

2 Likes

Well I am only watching Spaghetti Westerns since several days (sometimes two per day)…maybe I’m sick haha! I recently watched:

Sartana does not forgive
I want him dead
Don’t Turn the Other Cheek
Dead men don’t count
Any gun can play
Cjamango
Blindman
Seven Pistols for a massacre
$1000 on the black
Guns for dollars
The Longest hunt
Johnny Oro