The Last Western You Watched? ver.2.0

Bounty Killer For Trinity

I prayed for a spagh with a gunslinger using a crossbow. Now I know I should be careful what I wish for. It’s actually not a complete garbage with few almost good scenes, Jeff Cameron is a charismatic fella and Joe D’amato’s cinematography sometimes quite inventive, but all pros counted it still falls into category “bad beyond fidani, crea and crocollo combined”, plus it ripped some scenes from other spaghs like Black killer. Btw, crossbow scenes are not bad, but it’s just too obvious he shoots the same crooked arrow again and again. 3/10

hqdefault

Certainly not a great SW but I’ve always enjoyed it. I think placing it as worse than Crea and Crocollo combined is a bit unfair… waay better than the terrible Creas, imo. And of course I enjoy Fidani, sooo…

Last night I watched Appaloosa (2008) - I think I watched this a while back but totally forgot everything about it. Pretty good with some great actors - Ed Harris, Viggo Mortensen and Lance Henriksen. I really liked the way the shootouts were handled in this film, a bit of classic build with sudden outburst that is over very quick, with realistic popping gunfire sounds.

I wasn’t crazy about the side story with the woman though.

I mean, if we cut out the scenes ripped from other movies (I recognized two Crocollos westerns) this spagh would be like an hour long. The finale is a disjointed mess, although explosive arrows are neat. Here and there some interesting idea, but that’s not enough. I would give it higher rating if it wasn’t for those scenes and weak finale. But I agree it’s entertaining.

and this was more of a joke, although… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I also like A Bounty Killer for Trinity. Anything with Jeff Cameron is normally pretty entertaining. From memory, the only film I didn’t like with him much was Beyond the Frontiers of Hate. As for Crea’s films, I happen to like some of them, especially Finders Killers.

Yeah, I liked him, perplexing though, don’t remember the guy from anything else might be the first western I saw with him.

Plenty of entertaining ones to check out like A Barrel Full of Dollars, They Came to Kill Sartana, Paid in Blood, God is My Colt, And Now Make Peace With God and Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die! Another you definitely have to see is Adiós Companies/A Fistful of Death, which is absolutely hilarious. There’s one scene that always cracks me up with the rival gang trying to use trees as disguises in an open field and as they keep moving towards their target, the dumb watchman even says something like, “I thought I saw something move”

3 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely saw this one like five times. Still forgot that he is in it. Certainly because he was overshadowed by the presence of Big Bud.

Jeez, added to the watchpile. :grin:

Cameron is in a regular in the lesser spags like Fidanis

This is a good one I think and, again, the books are well worth a read. The female side story becomes much more central over the three books and is an important element to give the central character some weaknesses.

Yeah I guess it wasn’t really the story line I didn’t like so much as the way it was handled in this movie. It felt a bit weak and I just didn’t care much about it. Also the way Ed Harris acted like a total idiot was annoying - just in the way he played it. It was like two different characters, which seems very amateurish. A person can do stupid things without having to be literally stupid. It was a really good western for modern years though. Overall pretty great. Loved the end

1 Like

A good example for forum confusion, it happens more often. At least to me.

Phil you should have quoted Aute’s comment you are referring too. If there isn’t a direct quote I always think an answer refers to the previous post, and that is sometimes confusing. Here it is clear it can’t be a comment to the previous post, but in many other cases I only realised only after a while that the answer was referring to a much earlier post, and it was not always easy to find that post.

I’m sure I’m not the only one to whom that kind of confusion has happened (over the last years actually)

1 Like

Well, it sucked.

Yep, I think Appaloosa is really good one, one of the best westerns of 2000’s but it’s not often mentioned on “top lists”.

1 Like

See the top right corner of Phil’s post, with the little arrow and autephex’s name and avatar? Click on that and it’ll open up the exact post to which Phil was replying. :+1:

I know that, it is still often confusing.

I would prefer it with a direct quote.

Well I’m sorry Stanton but I simply don’t see how that’s confusing. The only way in which it might be confusing is if the respondent uses neither a direct quote or a direct reply, and simply replies via the reply button at the bottom of the thread because then they’ve technically replied to the thread generally rather than to a specific post. But folk are allowed to post in that manner if they wish. Indeed, you just did exactly that yourself. Still wasn’t particularly confusing, though.

I didn’t even finish it, so lame and amateurish looking, but premise wasn’t bad. I mean, Tony Todd aboard the train to hell.

1 Like

I replied to the post before, so there can’t be much confusion.

Well, if I’m the only one than it is obviously not much of an problem, but it happened at least to me sometimes that I misunderstood an answer because it seemed to mean the previous post, before I realised it wasn’t.

I almost turned it off once I realized the entire movie took place on a train. I know some people love this kind of thing, but I hate it. A film has to be very, very good for me to like it if its confined to a single location. And this movie is not good.

I don’t know how you fuck up a horror western with Candyman playing lead and Lance Henriksen playing the devil.

I guess you do it by being this guy:

You’re not the only one, direct quote is far preferable. :wink: