The Last Western You Watched? ver.2.0

Even though ‘No Country for Old Men’ is set in 1980 I actually think it has more of a western feel in spirit, than many contemporary films set 100 years earlier.

And it just happens to be my favourite film of the last 10 years … maybe longer.

Not really a western for me. I don’t see many western themes in it. I must say that I remember the book better than the movie, and the book has no western feel. Maybe the look of the film gives you the impression that it’s a western.

What about “Back to the future” part 3 :rofl:
With Clint Eastwood himself.

Certainly related to the genre, but not a genuine western. A distant relative, so to speak. But a true western fan should see it. I thought it was pretty good and once had it in my favorite westerns top 50

1 Like

Part 2 was set in the West, not part 3. Or am I wrong?

Anyway, not a real western for me.

Part III indeed.

Uhh, really, I thought it was the middle part. Whatever …

I think I actually like Part II the best. The almanac idea was pretty neat.

Well, unless you are in the theatre and have an open ending with “to be continued”.
I remember being pissed off at that moment :zipper_mouth_face:

I guess there was a post about it, but I have seen it just about now and what a hilarious short.

Drums along the Mohawk… fantastic early Ford

Had a mini Ringo-Fest for Father’s day and watched Pistol and Return back to back.
If anything Pistol raised in my estimation but Return is still the best. Arrow did a good job on the BluRay release I think.

Great movie, I highly recommend this .

1 Like

Here’s one of my all time favs, Brando’s single effort as a director ,great film

2 Likes

Ahh that beautiful VistaVision too.

1 Like

According to Martin Scorscese it was the last film shot in vistavision , I don’t know about you but I trust him lol .

Seems to be the last American picture to use the process - there are other international films that used it later.
Here’s some info

Yup, CinemaScope won in the end.

Yeah, it’s a great one.

Brando’s worst film as a director, but yes, a great western.