The Last Western You Watched? ver.2.0

Yes, it’s quite jonahhexian - but the disfigured gunslinger in the movie is displayed only very sparsely.

Amazing!

One of the best.

Yeah I liked it alot!

Just finished up my Blu Ray of Black Jack, and thought it was very well made. I liked it, but a couple more viewings may have me loving it. Certainly dark like everyone has commented it to be, but luckily I wasn’t left depressed afterwards. Robert Woods gives an excellent and edgy performance as the title character. I’ll be doing a write up of it for my blog and I’ll have the link for it on the Database page for it soon.

Funny enough, I also rewatched Black Jack few days ago. While on the first viewing about five years ago I was only slightly disappointed, this time I didn’t like it at all. :grin:

Watched La Morte non Conti i Dollari (The Dead Don’t Count the Dollars/Death at Owell Rocks) this afternoon and was thoroughly entertained and impressed, really liked the twist towards the end. I get that most people overlook it because it takes more from American Westerns that its predecessors of the genre, but its still got the Italian flavor to it.

Quell and Co. I was reluctant to give this one a try because I thought it would be terrible. Turned out to be pretty enjoyable. It felt more like a TV film but it was apparently shown on cinemas.

s-l400%20(1)

The Machine Gun Killers.

Loved this one, well directed, nice locations, good story, tasty SW-action. I can see why some people don’t like it. First hour is quite slow but I don’t mind. Big fan of Thriller SWs. 4/5 for me!

Rough Night in Jericho. Pretty solid

Watched my Requiem for Gringo blu-ray, and it was so weird watching this film in good quality.

Really good SW, despite Lang Jeffries :sleeping:

3 Likes

I wonder do the BBFC know about that poncho !? :laughing:

2 Likes

“We jumped into Bill & Ted’s phonebox and went back to witness the skinning there and then. We decided the leopard didn’t feel enough pain for us to censor the poncho.”

2 Likes

Sancho and the black leather villain is the stars in this movie! The blu ray is fantastic but the gunshots sounds a bit thin, don’t they?

Yeah the gunshots sound worse than usual SW gunshots, and that is saying something.

The leather-clad gunman is great, he reminds me of Jack Palance in Shane. Lang Jeffries just sucks. Nuff said.

I think his dub is a bit annoying, that’s part of what makes him a bit weak for me. Anthony Steffen or George Hilton would be perfect for this role. Still love this one though!

I re-watched

Black Jack
:star::star::star:1/2

Kill Them All and Come Back Alone
:star::star:1/2

And Now… Make Your Peace with God
:star::star:

Blood River
:star::star:

Buckaroo - The Winchester Does Not Forgive
:star::star:1/2

Escondido a.k.a. A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die
:star::star::star::star:

Bandidos
:star::star::star:

1 Like

I understand your appreciation for A minute to pray, a second to die. Wonderful, melancholic movie, but I do not understand the relatively low marks for Bandidos. What did/didn’t you like ?

The target shooting component, in particular. Secondarily, a couple of performers (Jenkins and M. Martin).

But three stars, that’s not a bad rating… :slightly_smiling_face:

Jenkins is indeed bad. Apparently he was a model, not an actor and was held for somebody else by the producers