The Last Movie You Watched? ver.2.0

Yeah, good stuff! Found that one in my Worldwide Video Productions collection, along with Bruce Against Iron Hand.

1 Like

New one to me!
One that sticks in my head is ENTER THE GAME OF DEATH. I liked it. At the same time I knew it was crap. IMO.

1. Beauvois: Of Gods and Men 6/10
  2. Clayton: The Great Gatsby 6/10
  3. Clouzot: Les diaboliques (cinema) 7/10
  4. Miller & Ogilvie: Mad Max 3 Beyond Thunderdome 5/10
  5. Guercio: Electra Glide in Blue 7/10
  6. Lenzi: Cynic, Rat and the Fist 7/10
  7. Lenzi: Rome Armed to the Teeth 6/10
  8. Liverani: Il solco di pesca 5/10
  9. Fuest: Abominable Dr. Phibes 7/10
  10. Milius: Conan the Barbarian 10/10

Some all time blistering classics there Bill!

1 Like

I decided to rewatch and re-evaluate some of the great classics. I discovered lately that some of these once beloved movies did not stand the test of time. I started with THE GRADUATE, a movie I used to love a lot. Did it stand the test or not? I think it did, but there are a few problems and I can understand that others think it didn’t:

3 Likes

Am I the only one thinking this thread is somehow the same as this one?

Anyways, treated myself to a Frankie double feature on BluRay: Tony Rome and The Detective. Both great detective movies, both very different… highly recommended.

2 Likes

Rounded it off with Man in the Shadow by Jack Arnold. And in the morning I watched Will Penny. So you could say my Sunday was alright

I have these in a Frankie box set and have been meaning to revisit for a while. Then, coincidentally, I just read an article in Infinity magazine about them and now this.

Also remember The Detective was also a decent Frankie film in the same vein from the same period although not a Tony Rome flick.

Think I’ll nip upstairs and get that box set now.

Frank Sinatra was not only one of the greatest singers of all time, but he appeared equally at home with acting.

Some of his best performances were in ‘The Manchurian Candidate’, ‘The Man With the Golden Arm’, ‘The Naked Runner’, ‘Von Ryan’s Express’, and, of course ‘From Here to Eternity’.

Not a song in sight…just pure screen charisma.

Very underestimated, I think, in his acting ability…

Von Ryan’s Express… What a movie!!

1 Like

I watched Nolan’s Interstellar last night and liked it much better than Tenet. I have to admit, though, that in all probability I won’t become a big fan of his films, at least not in this space-time continuum.

2 Likes

Amen to that…‘Von Ryan’s Express’ is sheer escapism, helped no end by the excellent Trevor Howard, John Leyton, and co…a film that I always remember watching with my family at Christmas, so many years ago.

Unlike most professional singers, when watching Sinatra’ on screen, I forgot that he was first, and foremost, a singer.

Dean Martin, also, was a very adept ‘actor’; and, when the circumstances arose, produced admirable performances…‘Bandolero’, a case in question…

2 Likes

I am a fan of Dean as Matt Helm in the Wrecking Crew.
Bandolero is a great western but have no clue why I don’t own it??!

1 Like

Available on the German Amazon site.

It’s worth having, if only to see the gorgeous Raquel Welch…

I had tj

1 Like

What a cast!!

1 Like

Bandolero is Andrew V. McLaglen‘s best western and possibly his best film (I need to watch The Wild Geese again to be sure about that one)

2 Likes

Agreed!

Watched Mirage last night. What a trip.

I watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges. An excellent heist film with some very good performances.

3 Likes

I love that movie dearly