The Last Film You Saw in the Cinema?

Sunday April 25th 2021

Fist Full Of Dollars

Drive-In Theater in Lehighton PA

Awesome!!!

Saw Emma. in theaters early last year. Unfortunately, I think it was one of the weaker adaptions of the novel, though the Mr. Knightley was fantastic.

I remember you mentioning going in another thread. Glad you had fun, sounds like a great time.

1 Like

Yes I Did Have a Great Time
Brought My Son with Me
He has Never Seen the Complete Movie nor had He Ever Been to a Drive-In Theater
He Loved Both

We are going to See For a Few Dollars More in June at Same Drive-In

I’m Trying to Convince Him to go See Footloose there (Love that Movie)
They will be having a DJ and Dancing Prior to the Movie Start Time

1 Like

Sounds like a great time and a great choice for your son’s first full film. My older sister actually watched Fistfull with me as well, even though she’s not a fan of westerns. I think it’s one of the easier films for people not into the genre to watch.

1 Like

Actually he Watched The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly with me back when he was 10-11 years old
He’s 18 now and doesn’t Remember Much of It

But I agree as an Introduction to Spaghetti Westerns you can’t go wrong with either of the first 2 Dollar Films

Did your Sister Like It?

I Honestly don’t know any Woman that Likes Westerns :pensive:

1 Like

Hey there Joe C,

check out this thread I made at least a year ago on women and SWs, hope this gives you some answers

1 Like

Interesting Thread

So there was a Female here in 2020

Is she still active? I don’t recall seeing her here since I joined

Neglect this thread at your own peril.

Dune. Third time :))

2 Likes

And I still have to wait another week before it finally opens in the U.S. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But I am going Sunday to see Bond.

I’ve read (didn’t know that) that the spark of the movement was a racist comment by Eric Clapton at a concert in Birmingham on Aug. 5, 1976.

1 Like

Just went to see No Time to Die with my family. Really enjoyed it. After initial impressions, it might be one of my all-time favourites but I’ll have to wait until I rewatch it. I get really bad ‘Cinema Bias’ and always enjoy a film a lot more when I see it on the big screen so I always rewatch later on to see if my opinion has changed.

2 Likes

Same here. For me the whole movie theater experience can make even a crummy film enjoyable to watch, especially if you’re seeing it with family or friends.

2 Likes

I came out of Star Wars 9 thinking ‘man that was awesome’ and then when I rewatched it later I started questioning whether past me was clinically insane

1 Like

Just went to see Halloween Kills. It was utter garbage but thankfully the kills were extremely brutal and frequent.

2 Likes

I have the Peacock app which it was released on yesterday. You nailed it 100%. :laughing:

1 Like

Went to my local cinema yesterday afternoon to watch the latest Bond, ‘No Time to Die’.
Thoroughly enjoyed it…a good story, soundtrack, action scenes, and it catered for just about every emotion possible. Recommended.

3 Likes

No Time To Die, got to be honest, thought first half was great but the second half left me cold and quite a bit underwhelmed.

2 Likes

I thought it was a good movie and if it had been about anyone but Bond, I would have thought it was a great movie. Too many changes to the whole Bond legacy for my taste (and my wife’s as well who is a complete and total Bond freak and has been her whole life). But, as I said, a very well done movie.

2 Likes

Got to see both The Evil Dead and Return of the Living Dead in beautiful 35mm print today. It was such a great experience and the audience were just as great!

4 Likes

Saw the new Scream. This original Wes Craven classic is one of my favourite all-time movies. I really wanted to enjoy this but it wasn’t really that good.

4 Likes