The Guess a Movie Screenshot Thread Version 2.0

Guess I could throw some hints out.

• we are in the horror realm
  • neither Italian nor American

A wild guess, The Vanishing (1988)?

Charlie’s Farm

This film is part of a well known exploitation genre though.

A Canadian film?

Hopefully one of these faces will be familiar enough to place, you’ve certainly seen it in a more recent western :wink:

Next of Kin (1982). I knew I’d seen the movie, oh well.

I’d never heard of it. What type of exploitation genre within horror is it? I can’t tell by Wikipedia’s description. I was thinking horror exploit genres like cannibal, slasher, splatter…

It’s called ozploitation, but I get your confusion, the label is kind of confusing and makes little sense to be quite honest, as it apparently refers to all Australian B-movies from the 1970s and 1980s. The movie is really fucking good by the way.

1 Like

Mickey wins it

1 Like

Thanks, Mickey. I forgot about Ozploitation. I’ll check it out as I trust your recommendations. I read Tarantino liked it and I assume Rutledal did as well.

Cheers.

I tracked the movie down primarily because of Klaus Schulze’s soundtrack and it turned out brilliant with lots of astonishingly atmospheric bits and assured direction, your mileage may obviously vary though.

2 Likes

It’s one of so-called proto-giallos. The same director who directed this would go on to make another fairly well-known genre example some time later down the road.

The Possessed 1965 ?

Spot on, @Lone_Gringo, over to you, sir. :+1:

Thanks Mickey,… it’s a good mystery/giallo film, seen it years ago.

Ok, here’s a Sci-Fi Horror flick.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Species?

1 Like

Right Massimo, over to u.

Thanks, Lone Gringo. The equation was Sci-Fi/Horror + foxy blond. :fox_face:

I don’t have many quality stills for this one so the sooner the better. :wink

The lead actor has two separate well know lines from 2 movies(not this one) that he cries out at the end of those movies. Plus, the actor has other well known lines in one of those movies.

Charlton Heston in…uh, Counterpoint?