The Guess a Movie Screenshot Thread Version 2.0

Think you know your submarine flicks? :wink: Here’s a poser for ya!


1 Like

Ice Station Zebra (1968)?

1 Like

That’s the one - over to you, Mickey13

Is that any good, Ice Station Zebra? I very nearly bought it blind the other day, swerved it at the last minute after reading a couple of negative reviews.

I’d recommend it … quite a long movie, but holds your interest throughout.

2 Likes

Cheers, Aldo, the second screencap pretty much gave it away.

I don’t know about others, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I’d say that it’s one of the movies you watch for their scope and overall spectacle rather than their story. I especially liked the submarine scenes featuring water gushing through the sub’s corridors.

The story isn’t too bad though, just a little superficial maybe, but it’s got that chilly Cold War atmosphere going on and the storyline kept my interest throughout as Aldo has said.

But maybe I should’ve been shaking my head in disapproval the entire time instead, I dunno. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Some Italian trash this time:



The classic to end them all… 2019 After the Fall of New York!

1 Like

Yep, correct, your turn, Loïc.

1 Like


A great little film.

Don’t think anyone will get it…
The Kid With The Golden Arm (1979) directed by Chang Cheh, pictured is Sun Chien in the red headband, and the late great Chiang Sheng in black

That’s right! Sorry everyone I totally forgot I was the last one here I didn’t mean to block this thread. Apologies.

here try this one

This thread has ground to a halt, again!
The idea is to give clues to help solve the mystery if no one responses initially.

I know absolutely nothing about martial arts movies - so can some kind soul put us out of our misery? :wink:

2 Likes

I’m gonna guess with “New Shaolin Boxers”

Disciples of Shaolin /Hung Kuen Siu Jaai (1975)…free go to anyone who wants it

1 Like

Ok. Thank you Chris.

Here’s a relatively easy one, just to get the ball rolling again…

Culpepper Cattle Co. ?

1 Like

Hard to recognize faces. I tought about “Posse”

Well done Aldo…

’The Culpepper Cattle Co.’. is correct…a cracking, gritty Western from 1972.

Over to you, amigo… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like