The Great Silence / Il grande silenzio (Sergio Corbucci, 1968)

Iā€™m not on CG, alas. Donā€™t know the secret handshake. :slight_smile: But Iā€™ll seed for a fortnight regardless.

The German track works, so itā€™s a Ac3 problem.
Not so easy to solve, I noticed on the net, many people have the same problem.

It is pretty easy actually, just gotta convert the ac3 to Aac or mp3 and then add back to the video.

I can send you the audio track and then its real easy to add it in

Havenā€™t seen the file in its entirety yet, but it seems everything works fine for me. Iā€™m going to seed this for a while.

I tested with my vlc player also but everything is ok !

I downloaded KMPlayer (like Reza said) and it works marvelously

Great image and sound (I watched a couple of scenes throughout the movie), never watched the movie in this quality before.

Alright, finished downloading, just opened it up and god damn thatā€™s beautiful!

Good to see its playing ok, anyone else notice this speed-up I was seeing? Or is it just me?

I rate it as 5 stars because (at least) scandinavian release does have happy ending in extras. For pessimistic end 4 stars, it`s great flick.

gingo_bastardo are you saying you prefer the happy ending?

Yes I do. Kinski+his mates get what they deserve. When saw this from vhs as kid felt bit disappointed bad guys did win. I prefer ā€œhappyā€ ending when they get taste of solid bullets :slight_smile:

Edit: I don`t like american westerns style john wayne coz they are too clean and sweet but in great silence I really did not love pessimistic ending.

Hey guy the life is not always perfectā€¦

That is fact but I was extremely pleased to see other ending from dvd :wink:

Bleak ending fits to atmosphere of movie tho alsoā€¦

Oh, I wish the damn happy ending didnā€™t ever existed. itā€™s obviously just a joke, made awful and awkward on purpose so the distributors couldnā€™t use it. Then again, I think it was used on some countries nevertheless.

Maybe in asiaā€¦As far as I know not in europeā€¦Happy or proper endings are double-edged sword. I would have personally wanted to see ā€œfirst bloodā€ end the way it did in book but then sequels would have been impossible to make.

Nothing is impossible in the movie world. I mean, thereā€™s 5 Highlander sequels and even a tv-series, for example. :smiley:

Really in this world nothing is impossible .

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am honored to be here with my brothers-in-arms.

I have little problem with The Great Silence, some unanswered questions.

So the story goes like this; Pauline at the funeral of her husband says the famous line: Once my husband told me about this manā€¦ They call him Silenceā€¦
After we see that Silence arrived in town carrying a piece of paper and Pauline confirmed that she send the message.

Q:
How Pauline managed to send a message in the midst of not just any winter, while the town is controlled by Pollicutt?

A:
Guess the message was secretly handed to the driver of stagecoach or his assistent

Q:
But how do they know where is Silence , how anybody knows where he is? We realy know little about him, where he lives?

A:
Maybe because he is famous/notorious and people recognize him ,maybe he is always in the nearbye towns , saloons ā€¦
and of course stagecoach stationsā€¦

Or something else?.
So guys, do you have some theories, what do you think about all this

These are questions I never asked me, and most likely will never do. And if I ever do, your answers are good enough for me.

i just edit my post , and you are there , Stanton you are fastest in the wild west