The Great Silence / Il grande silenzio (Sergio Corbucci, 1968)

(Asa) #381

I’m not on CG, alas. Don’t know the secret handshake. :slight_smile: But I’ll seed for a fortnight regardless.

(scherpschutter) #382

The German track works, so it’s a Ac3 problem.
Not so easy to solve, I noticed on the net, many people have the same problem.

(autephex) #383

It is pretty easy actually, just gotta convert the ac3 to Aac or mp3 and then add back to the video.

I can send you the audio track and then its real easy to add it in

(Mickey13) #384

Haven’t seen the file in its entirety yet, but it seems everything works fine for me. I’m going to seed this for a while.

(Reza) #385

I tested with my vlc player also but everything is ok !

(scherpschutter) #386

I downloaded KMPlayer (like Reza said) and it works marvelously

Great image and sound (I watched a couple of scenes throughout the movie), never watched the movie in this quality before.

(Jonny Powers) #387

Alright, finished downloading, just opened it up and god damn that’s beautiful!

(autephex) #388

Good to see its playing ok, anyone else notice this speed-up I was seeing? Or is it just me?

(gringo_bastardo) #389

I rate it as 5 stars because (at least) scandinavian release does have happy ending in extras. For pessimistic end 4 stars, it`s great flick.

(autephex) #390

gingo_bastardo are you saying you prefer the happy ending?

(gringo_bastardo) #391

Yes I do. Kinski+his mates get what they deserve. When saw this from vhs as kid felt bit disappointed bad guys did win. I prefer “happy” ending when they get taste of solid bullets :slight_smile:

Edit: I don`t like american westerns style john wayne coz they are too clean and sweet but in great silence I really did not love pessimistic ending.

(Reza) #392

Hey guy the life is not always perfect…

(gringo_bastardo) #393

That is fact but I was extremely pleased to see other ending from dvd :wink:

Bleak ending fits to atmosphere of movie tho also…

(Bill san Antonio) #394

Oh, I wish the damn happy ending didn’t ever existed. it’s obviously just a joke, made awful and awkward on purpose so the distributors couldn’t use it. Then again, I think it was used on some countries nevertheless.

(gringo_bastardo) #395

Maybe in asia…As far as I know not in europe…Happy or proper endings are double-edged sword. I would have personally wanted to see “first blood” end the way it did in book but then sequels would have been impossible to make.

(Bill san Antonio) #396

Nothing is impossible in the movie world. I mean, there’s 5 Highlander sequels and even a tv-series, for example. :smiley:

(Reza) #397

Really in this world nothing is impossible .

(pseudonim) #398

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am honored to be here with my brothers-in-arms.

I have little problem with The Great Silence, some unanswered questions.

So the story goes like this; Pauline at the funeral of her husband says the famous line: Once my husband told me about this man… They call him Silence…
After we see that Silence arrived in town carrying a piece of paper and Pauline confirmed that she send the message.

Q:
How Pauline managed to send a message in the midst of not just any winter, while the town is controlled by Pollicutt?

A:
Guess the message was secretly handed to the driver of stagecoach or his assistent

Q:
But how do they know where is Silence , how anybody knows where he is? We realy know little about him, where he lives?

A:
Maybe because he is famous/notorious and people recognize him ,maybe he is always in the nearbye towns , saloons …
and of course stagecoach stations…

Or something else?.
So guys, do you have some theories, what do you think about all this

(Stanton) #399

These are questions I never asked me, and most likely will never do. And if I ever do, your answers are good enough for me.

(pseudonim) #400

i just edit my post , and you are there , Stanton you are fastest in the wild west