The Good, the Bad and the Ugly vs. Once Upon a Time in the West

Itā€™s so hard to choose, but I prefere ā€œThe Good, the Bad and the Uglyā€ because of the acting trio in it.

That about covers my feelings on the subject.

wow, what a question ???

ultimately had to go with GBUā€¦so entertainingā€¦West is more dramaticā€¦but its fucking great as well

Donā€™t think itā€™ll surprise anyone that iā€™d pick GBU. That said, of the Dollars films, GBU is my least favouriteā€¦

No :wink: .

GBU for me as well - itā€™s the only film of which I can truly say I love every single minute of it, whereas OUATIW, masterpiece though it is, does tend to drag a bit.

Also, something that always gets me is when people, asked to name Morriconeā€™s greatest score, give OUATIW almost as a knee-jerk response. This is one aspect of the films about which there really should be no argument - his music for GBU is better in every way: funnier, more thrilling, more moving, and most importantly more varied. For me, the score of OUATIW was fatally limited by the decision to record it before filming, which left Leone with only four basic themes, repeated endlessly. Even Man with a Harmonica, which is a tremendous piece of music, loses some of its impact at the final showdown because itā€™s already been played through twice before without variation. And although OUATIW could actually be filmed to the rhythms of the music, it doesnā€™t allow the music to follow and comment on the action the way it does in Leoneā€™s other films.

Mine too. FAFDM is much better.

Good points by Extranjero about the score in OUATITW

How could someone NOT like the score in OUATITW :D?