The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on the big screen

For any of our UK members who are in the London area this weekend, GBU is being screened at Somerset House this saturday night (August 4th) as part of their Film4 Summer Screen festival of films. Its being shown on a big screen outdoors in the central area of Somerset House, starting at 9.15pm and should be pretty cool I think. Tickets are £12.50. Here’s the link if you’re interested.

http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/film/

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Shame i’ve already got plans. I’d be up for it otherwise

Yeah it looks good. I just hope the weather holds out. Outdoors is great until it rains!

I went to an event like this in the past, and there were loads of arsewipes who ruined it!

Speaking to each other, mobile phones ringing and people speaking utter garbish…good luck!

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:4, topic:672”]I went to an event like this in the past, and there were loads of arsewipes who ruined it!

Speaking to each other, mobile phones ringing and people speaking utter garbish…good luck![/quote]

I must admit that is my one fear. But what the hell, you don’t get a chance to see one of these films on a big screen that often so I’m willing to chance it. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Just wish i didn’t have prior arrangements!

12 pounds is a lot :o and yodlaf what are your other plans??? watching a high grant movie? :-*

I’m going out with some mates and a few young ladies clubbing while you go to the cinema to watch “Hairspray” :wink:

Clubbing, to one of the FKK clubs mentioned earlier??? i am driving to netherlands tomorow for an interview to get a master studies place, exciting stuff.
Honestly what kind of clubs do you go to??? i like clubs with electronic music!

Depends who i’m with and what substances.

My favourite music is old school hip-hop, 70’s funk and jazz and Italian film soundtracks (Especially westerns, crime & giallo’s)

But if i’m out on the town having it normally funky house (i’m not into hard house or anything like that)

Thought I should let you guys know how this outdoor screening of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly went last night.

I can happily report that all my fears about bad weather, noisy stupid people etc were all unfounded. This was a fantastic event and a success from start to finish.

The weather was perfect. A lovely warm summer’s night. (I sat in a tee shirt through til the end at just gone midnight) The venue was fantastic too. Being in a large courtyard area enclosed on all sides by a beautiful historic building, the acoustics were surprisingly good for an outdoor thing. In fact the buildings bounced the sound around brilliantly so the soundtrack boomed along and the gunfire seemed to surround you. On top of all that, the crowd was not only quiet but really in to the film. The only noise came from the odd laugh (at the right moments) and spontaneous cheers when a particularly good bit happened. (i.e. LVC falling into the open grave at the end of the final shootout. Then at the end there was a really warm round of applause for the film.

The screen was enormous and it was really quite weird seeing LVC in close up when his head was the size of a small suburban house! In fact the whole thing looked fantastic in such a large format.
All in all this was a great night out which my wife enjoyed almost as much as I did. Who would have thought that??!!

As a footnote, I was particularly pleased to hear people’s conversations as they were leaving where some who had obviously just seen the film for the first time were raving about how it was one of the best films they had ever seen. New Converts! I love it.

If they do a similar thing next year I would definitely recommend it.

Great to see that there was such a big interest in this, let’s hope some of them go home and start buying SW DVD’s and similar stuff. :wink:

Yeah, it was very encouraging. It was packed and obviously split between long time fans and their friends who had probably come along just for the night out. But it was great to hear so many people talking about how good they thought it was on the way out.

You’re very fortunate to have seen this! I wish it would play in my community.

Was it a digital screening of the restored version?

Restored version I believe but I can’t swear to it. Running time was 170mins as far as I could tell.