The Good, the Bad and the Ugly / Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (Sergio Leone, 1966)

I like that scene; it might be a bit goofy, but Tuco is a goofy character. Itā€™s perfectly fitting, IMO.

I wince at the scene at the camp where Tuco is beaten.

2 Likes

Ah yes; always a deliciously brutal scene.

ā€˜ā€˜Play that fiddle, you!ā€™ā€™

Story of a Soldier makes it even more brutal, somehow. Such a beautiful song used to silence the pain of the sufferingā€¦

Very!!! The band members have this haunted look on their faces. Itā€™s chilling.
Personal pain too. Somebody shoved their thumbs in my eyes at school. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

SAD HILL CEMETERY

Itā€™s on my bucket list to visit this iconic locationā€¦

https://youtu.be/isdydYylyaw

3 Likes

In a week. To suppor the SWDb, use our Amazon link:

fixed the info in the database about the Italian 4K edition.

Also, here you find a comparison of screenshots
https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=17363&d2=15793&c=1687

The Italian disc is a 174min version with the MGM master, the Kino is the shorter US theatrical cut but with Kinoā€™s own color grading doneā€¦

This movieā€™s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new ā€œSWDb 3.0ā€ format. Please have a look and let us know if thereā€™s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

Poll added (top of page).

Copied from SWDb General Maintenance:

1 Like

Iā€™ve finished my last assignment for my second year at University, so itā€™s finally time to lay back and watch the 4K version of THE Spaghetti Western masterpiece.

Everytime I rewatch this I forget just how funny most of it is. I always crack up at Tuco reading the note left by Angel Eyes: ā€œSee you soon idiā€¦idio-ā€ then Blondie snaps in with ā€œIdiots - itā€™s for youā€ :rofl:

5 Likes

I really want to get the 4k edition, even though I donĀ“t have 4k equipment nor a region A/ free player.

Well, 4KUHD has no region code so that hurdle is out of your way at least :wink:

I really want to get a 4k player, but theyĀ“re soooo expensive. Besides, blu-ray is good enough for now. Maybe I will buy a player once I amass a bunch of 4ks-

1 Like

Best bet is to get a second hand one :+1:. I got mine off eBay for about Ā£100 when it wouldā€™ve cost me Ā£220ish brand new. Works perfectly, just a few minor scratches on the shell which I really donā€™t care about. Itā€™s been a treat watching stuff in 4K, never thought Iā€™d be able to see all the pores on Lee Van Cleefā€™s face :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. The terrible thing about Norway is the absolutely wild prices it costs to import anythingā€¦ outrageous shipping, some 25% tax(incl.shipping) and 25 bucks just for the post to handle it (sigh). However, when I do get my hands on one, IĀ“m gonna enjoy GBU and Django in glorious Ultra-High Definition. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Not one of my personal goals in lifeā€¦but okayā€¦you do you. :rofl:

1 Like

I wasnā€™t staring at them, they were staring at me! :rofl:

1 Like

I just bought a ticket to a 35mm screening of the US cut of the film in June. IĀ“m so excited!!!

2 Likes

Thatā€™ll be awesome!

1 Like