The Genius DVDs. Cut ending

I have Danish (OnAir) and German (Paramount) DVDs of this Terence Hill movie (A Genius Two Partners and a Dupe/Nobody is the Greatest) and both versions do not have the ending scene. This short bit shows the “2 Partners” on horseback from afar, riding off into Monument Valley. “What about the horse” “I’ll bet you had that figured out, too!” is yelled back at Nobody, who is stretched out against a rock. It’s on the VHS version I have (dubbed from PAL) and really does sum up the movie nicely with a visual “fable-like” quality. Does anyone have a widescreen DVD release with this scene intact?

I believe this scene is missing from most prints, Spanish Suevia release is the only one (?) with that scene.
Check Sundance’s site for more info about the cuts

http://www.sundances.net/spaghetti/nobody2.php

I checked my ‘nouveaux pictures’ dvd and it aint on that. Great widescreen print tho’ (117mins it says on the cover).

i remember this discussion from the cinefacts forums when the paramount dvd came out. apparently they assumed the material they got from italy is complete, and then all the fans complained about the ending. as i remember, a consensus wasn’t reach as to wether the one or the other ending was really the intended original ending… ?

What was that “sexual joke concerning threesome” that was cut in most of the releases?

Also wheres the best site to get the Suevia Films release?

[quote=“chuck connors brother, post:5, topic:1248”]Also wheres the best site to get the Suevia Films release?[/quote]http://www.dvdgo.com is quite good.

Hey thanks alot! I guess its a mistake that it says 85 minutes Libros e eBooks, descuentos y envíos gratis | Casa del Libro

[quote=“chuck connors brother, post:7, topic:1248”]Hey thanks alot! I guess its a mistake that it says 85 minutes Películas en oferta | Casa del Libro, Sundance seems to have exact info about the running time etc.
Dvdgo isn’t always that accurate on dvd specs. I once bought cut Chato’s Land dvd from them because they had wrong running time on their site.

DVDGO website listing for this Suevia release says Italian and Spanish as spoken languages, but no Inglese…Anyone have this release to verify no English on this one?

Sorry I got THAT way wrong…It DOES say Inglese, after all! OK, then…is it really 85 minutes, is the real question!

Maybe not wrong, after all. The Suevia website says “Idioma:Italiano, Espanol”, no mention of English. The DVDGO website says it’s in Italian and English. Makes sense if it’s a Spanish release that Spanish would be one of the languages, yet DVDGo doesn’t match Suevia, the company that released it. Can someone who has this DVD clear up this mystery, along with the running time?
Thanks!

[quote=“stupidsabatamusic, post:11, topic:1248”]Maybe not wrong, after all. The Suevia website says “Idioma:Italiano, Espanol”, no mention of English. The DVDGO website says it’s in Italian and English. Makes sense if it’s a Spanish release that Spanish would be one of the languages, yet DVDGo doesn’t match Suevia, the company that released it. Can someone who has this DVD clear up this mystery, along with the running time?
Thanks![/quote]I’m willing to trust to Sundance. He has screenshots, exact running time, aspect ratio etc.

this is why I wished we had more Spaniards in here who actually owned those discs and can give confirmed specifications that we can put into the SWDB… :frowning:

Just buy the Dutch release from me, new. ;D
Widescreen, 118 min, English language, optional Dutch subs. €10 incl. shipping (Europe).

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:14, topic:1248”]Just buy the Dutch release from me, new. ;D
Widescreen, 118 min, English language, optional Dutch subs. €10 incl. shipping (Europe).[/quote]uncut?

Don’t think there’s an uncut version out there. Any version seems to be missing something. If my memory serves me correct, this one misses the sought after ending. I think I’ve checked it out before and posted it somewhere here on the board.

Well, it’s easy to check a DVD to see if the ending is there or not. Wouldn’t mind buying, but don’t need another one without the ending. If anyone has Suevia issue, please verify if in English and if ending is the “missing” one. No point in buying either one without those crucial bits of info.

I just got the spanish dvd off ebay so it should arrive soon.

I bought my disc from DVDGo in March 2006 and it looks like the one they are selling there now. It has the ending and one other small piece that is missing from all the other discs as far as I know. English audio included and the length is almost 115minutes and not 85. But it seems to have some other cuts based on running times.
I have seen another different Spanish El Genio disc cover somewhere (I was sure it was at Impulso Records site but they have the same cover now as DVDGo) but I remember thinking at that time that it was most likely just a repackaging of the old disc.

And the only disc with the sexual joke intact is the German disc (as far as I know… :stuck_out_tongue: ). I can’t remember the scene well though but I think the three of them have arrived at the end of the railroad and are inside the building there and are talking about a partnership between the three of them. Maybe the guys act as if they are talking about a threesome or the girl just misinterprets their discussion. Something like that. Maybe. :stuck_out_tongue:

All the dialogue in the opening scene is cut out of the spanish dvd, not sure why… must be that certain print… but at least its got the ending and everything else… including an extra 2 second shot in the opening scene (no threesome joke though).