The Forgotten Pistolero / Il pistolero dell’Ave Maria (Ferdinando Baldi, 1969)

I discovered a pretty random use of the main theme from this movie while watching my all time favorite TV show The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Check it out here:

And here:

I was so excited to hear it!

It’s also used in that Spongebob cartoon show in the older episodes.

Was a different western but not really good…3 stars
one thing is intresting in this movie and it is ost…

Impressive soundtrack for sure! While watching “Forgotten Pistolero” I got from time to time the impression, I’m watching a Telenovela here. I don’t know why…

Any one know where I can download this as an mp3?

Just download it by JDownloader - add the link, then download the track in flv or mp4 format and covert it to mp3 by using some converter. It’s easy, you’ll figure that out.

-Download YouTube Downloader HEREhttp://youtubedownload.altervista.org/. It’s free and it’s small.

-Download that Youtube clip using the YouTube Downloader.

-Convert the YouTube clip to mp3 format, also using the YouTube Downloader. It’s all very simple, one button stuff.

Thank you very much.

Now it is absolutely sure: it does not exist.

The original runtime - verified by censors in October 1969 - is 88 minutes (declared film length m. 2450 - actual film length m. 2420).

See from post #69 on.

Fine, but where is that 5 min + version hidden?

[quote=“last.caress, post:88, topic:631”]-Download YouTube Downloader HERE[url]http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/[/url]. It’s free and it’s small.

-Download that Youtube clip using the YouTube Downloader.

-Convert the YouTube clip to mp3 format, also using the YouTube Downloader. It’s all very simple, one button stuff. [/quote]

Offliberty is a great resource for this also - now download required, no ads or anything, just input url and it gives link to download mp3 or video:

If quality matters to you, just realize that grabbing audio from a youtube video is pretty poor quality compared to original source

Well, there is the so-called “deposito di legge” at the National Film Library/Cineteca Nazionale: they must be in possession of at least one copy. Then there’s the guy mentioned on the Sergio Leone Web Board (replies #33 and 41) who owns a fullscreen copy right off an Italian master tape, and for a start it would be nice to contact him in order to restore the missing parts.
http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=3cr9d9v7mltf8tu6pegq2v2mn4&topic=2043.30

But the real question is: why - and when - in absence of censorship problems (the fully uncut 88 minutes version was rated T, all), the film was shortened? Problems related to television programme schedule? Everything can be, but for just five minutes it seems improbable.

So one 35mm film reel is 305m long and runs approximately 11 minutes (wikipedia :stuck_out_tongue: ). The declared length was 2450m which is basically 8 reels and 88 minutes. Or is that even 89 minutes, I guess it depends on what is approximately 11 minutes. ;D If the actual length was 2420m that means already over one minute is gone.
How was the actual length determined? Is the declared length 2450 simply because that is basically what 8 reels is in total? What in this case does the actual length mean? Does the actual footage end at 2420m and the rest of the 30 meters are empty? Or is the last reel actually only 275m long (or all the reels somewhat below 305m?) with nobody knowing how much footage there actually is? :wink:

The copy of the master tape in the linked thread seems to be 85minutes. Is that in what speed? The existing DVDs are all PAL and would be over 83 minutes in NTSC/film.

I can’t remember how my DVDs of this film are, but there are some other spaghettis (as far as I can remember without remembering the titles…) which have couple of minutes worth of black at the end with the end credit music playing until it ends. Could easily explain a difference of few minutes?

I think the average length of a 35 mm reel is longer. About 17 min. At least the length can differ considerably.

Music over black film at the end always belongs to the film.

And Jonathan’s runtime’s are probably taken again from the anica.it data, which despite the fact that given in meters can’t be trusted. They are much too often not identical with the actual versions (labelled as uncut) released on DVD or Blu. Unless it was usual in Italy to have the original versions destroyed and replaced by different cuts. And these are not always shorter, but several of them are much longer.

The German runtime interestingly is given with 91 min, but again nobody saw this version, or at least nobody can claim for sure to have watched that version once.

The source is the certificate by by the Committee for the Theatrical Review of the Italian Ministry.

Cases like Arizona Colt are due to inaccuracies in Anica data, and consequently in book sources.

On the original certificate of course the runtime is correct. So for example
Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead
declared 2600
actual 2570 = 94 minutes (DVDs runtime) Book sources: 96 minutes

In the simplest way, I suppose: clocking the projection and converting the actual duration of the movie in meters.
1 min = 27,36mt
Reel for negative = 300mt Positive =600mt

But there are much too much of these inaccuracies as long as we talk about that runtimes taken from the anica.it site.

Bruckner has taken them from there, and roughly said half of them seem to be wrong. Either most of the DVDs are not taken from uncut masters, but are supposed to be so, or the Italian data are wrong.

Jonathan, have you compared them with the actual runtimes of the home video releases?

Here’s an example (part of Johnny Yuma’s certificate)

[/url]
url immagine[url]http://postimage.org/

But Johnny Yuma runs 97 min, unless it is a Pal runtime I have noted.

I got to view the wild east productions version of this last night. The other film on this disc is the Unholy four which as everyone knows also stars Leonard Mann. In both films he plays a protagonist who remembers little if anything about his past. In both films, he comes to learn that this family ( or who he thinks is his family) has done terrible things to him, or ( by the end of the film) does do terrible things to him. He is unsure of who to trust, prefers to be kind of a loner, and is wickedly unpredictable with a gun. Both films are full of highly disfunctional families, short bursts of viollence, and to some extent a battle of the have’s and the have nots. The opening scene sets the mood, with its combination of a beatiful score, marvelous landscape, and dramatic standoff between Rafeal and the men who are hunting him. Eventually Rafeal arrives at Sebastians and tells him (the story of his life/past) and thats when things get really interesting. Sebastian learns his father was murdered, reunites with his sister, and you can guess what happens fom there. I enjoyed this one very much, but im not sure about this going in my top 20.