The Forgotten Pistolero / Il pistolero dell’Ave Maria (Ferdinando Baldi, 1969)

I recently came across the trailer for the HD Japanese version and it looks gorgeous:

Is this possibly the same version as what’s streaming on Amazon? It’s surprising (and a shame,) that there’s no high quality recent European release. I’d love to own a copy.

1 Like

Its possibly the same but no idea. There seems to be a lot of titles released in Japan on bluray long before they are released anywhere else, although the quality isn’t usually the best

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new “SWDb 3.0” format.
Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).
For example, we’re missing any info on VHS releases. And we need a new synopsis for the main page I think.

@LankyGringo fixed that one, grazie!

The Forgotten Poll…

New poll up top for The Forgotten Pistolero :arrow_up:

1 Like

Got my evening’s viewing :smiley:

English Audio or Italian Audio with (removeable) Japanese subs. The 2nd disc was a shock to me; the box only mentions that it contains the DVD version. Makes it feel (and look) extra bootleg lol

Doesn’t bother me anyway since both disc’s quality is nicer than any of the online ones I’ve watched over the years, and I’m happy to finally have some kind of copy.

Now if only they included a soundtrack CD…

6 Likes

Wasn’t aware Movie had English language ?if so will buy let me know for sure.

None of this is in the database. And the bootlegger BluRay is a hilarious discovery. How is the quality?

Looks really clean and vibrant to me. Leonard Mann has never looked sweatier :wink: . (Sorry for crappy quick camera snap.)
Cover for the DB is here too, its 83 mins though not 80:

Yep english voices.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this was already mentioned onsite, but an HD rip from Amazon Prime (I think) was doing the rounds on various trackers about 2 years ago … the quality is excellent. The rip was around 9 or 10gbs … so pretty chunky. Perhaps that was the source for this bootleg?

2 Likes

Well Amazon Japan calls this the “German HD master” edition, which may indicate that that’s where the material is actually from, and there has been a German BluRay rumored for years but hasn’t materialized.

@Alleluja do you have this one?

Edit: moved this discussion into here so people can find it.

Unfortunately I don’t have this DVD. Because this title has been broadcast many times on TV and is available on Amazon Prime Video in Japan.

Honestly speaking, I didn’t know that this DVD has a BD-R as a bonus.

However, there have been cases in the past when this label secretly added a BD-R as a bonus. It’s not a bootleg by any means.

I don’t have any idea whether it is from “German HD master” or not.

1 Like

This has long been a favorite of mine, and I don’t think it gets the attention that it deserves.

5 Likes

Yes, I think quite a few of us would share that opinion. Have you expressed that feeling in the film’s poll at the top of the thread? :wink:

1 Like

I just watched this one again.
If someone could update the main page: Il pistolero dell’Ave Maria

At least some of the “filming locations” were set at:
Tembleque
Talamanca De Jarama

Thanks,

1 Like

I love ‘The Forgotten Pistolero’…an iconic soundtrack by Roberto Preggadio; the gorgeous Luciana Paluzzi and Pilar Velazquez; revenge, Mann and Martel, Piero Lulli (welcome as always); plus the always beautiful to behold Almeria landscapes…

‘Arrow’…please do us all a favour and release this on BD sometime soon…

as well as ‘El Puro’, and ‘Any Gun Can Play’, of course… :wink:

If anyone on ‘SWDB’ has any clout with ‘Arrow’, then please do us all a favour by giving them a gentle nudge (Mario Brega style) in the ribs.

4 Likes

I could see this being the solo Arrow title which would be FINE by me!!!

2 Likes

I actually enjoy them, especially the first one. I always thought they’d have made a good double feature for Wild East.

1 Like

They weren’t my cup of tea but we all have our own tastes around here. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well I like the first Carambola film at least. I remember the second one being mediocre but still watchable. Texas Adios is by far my favourite Baldi western.

1 Like