The Five Man Army / Un esercito di 5 uomini (Don Taylor, Italo Zingarelli, 1969)

The new Warner Archive release Sept 2012 appears to restore the previous cuts.

I stumbled upon a censored copy or the US theatrical version was originally cut (tits of Daniela Giordano and head struck by the sword, for example)?

Personally I prefer the less sophisticated, hyper-colored opening credits in pure SW style of the Italian version.

Some anomalies in the script (first Graves offers the men $ 1000 to do a job for him, but near the end they think they can keep all the money for themselves)

But at one point Mesito openly preannounces his intentions

1 Like

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:62, topic:100”]I stumbled upon a censored copy or the US theatrical version was originally cut (tits of Daniela Giordano and head struck by the sword, for example)?

Personally I prefer the less sophisticated, hyper-colored opening credits in pure SW style of the Italian version.

But at one point Mesito openly preannounces his intentions
[/quote]

Then I must have overlooked this.

pity i don’t have this film at hand, because i remember it was quite messy in storytelling (but don’t know precisely now) - well, even if it wasn’t, it’s not one of my favs - but always better than to watch again Shawshank Redemption, the worst movie ever directed >:( >:( >:(

Really?

Watched it only once and didn’t really understand why it was so immensely popular, but didn’t think it was that bad. Anyway, haven’t seen it in ages.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:65, topic:100”]Really?

Watched it only once and didn’t really understand why it was so immensely popular, but didn’t think it was that bad. Anyway, haven’t seen it in ages.[/quote]

okay, i admit, it is not the worst film in history of moviemaking
Forrest Gump is no.1 of evil cinema
and with Once Upon Time In The West (wink, wink) they form a monstrous triangle of film dabblery

I actually like both. Neither of them is simply a masterpiece and they are very highly overrated on account of being very mainstream, optimistic and generally any cretin is likely to enjoy it.
As regards Five Man Army, it’s unsophisticated and below average, here is some fun anyway though.

Forrest Gump is a pretty good film. At least much better than 5 Man Army. Never watched that Shawshank film.

(Shawshank Brothers, Shaw Brothers any relations?)

[quote=“Stanton, post:68, topic:100”]Forrest Gump is a pretty good film.[/quote]I thought it was shit, only laughed once during the whole films.

And as for all that “Life’s a box of chocolates you never know what’s inside” (or whatever the sentence is) nonsense, when you look inside a box of chocolates its either shown on the inside of the box or on a pice of paper in the box what chocolates there is so it just makes what they think is a good classic line shit.

Know what you mean, cannot remember laughing once.

Don’t remember if I even laughed once in Forrest Gump

(For¼est Gump , Anthony “Wood” Steffen - any relations?)

Five man army beat Forrest Gump not by points butby KO in the 1Âș round. Most SW do, Gump was no Sartana that’s for sure

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:70, topic:100”]Know what you mean, cannot remember laughing once.[/quote]When the cripple slides down the icy slope in the wheelchair was the only bit I found amusing.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:69, topic:100”]I thought it was shit, only laughed once during the whole films.

And as for all that “Life’s a box of chocolates you never know what’s inside” (or whatever the sentence is) nonsense, when you look inside a box of chocolates its either shown on the inside of the box or on a pice of paper in the box what chocolates there is so it just makes what they think is a good classic line shit.[/quote]

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I got the EXTENDED version today from amazon Warner Bros Collection its uncut with a new sceen in the beginning
running 4 min 28 sek total runningtime: 109 min 50 sek (but the scoring of the music is different from other versions)

The SHOARMA DIGITAL DVD is 105 min 09 sec and CUT around 10 sek or so.

Yodlaf, don’t forget that Forrest is a dipstick and these kind of guys tend to say stupid things from time to time. Nevertheless the comparison of life and chocolate boxes and what they maybe do have in common has that certain indefinable something IMO. But I agree it would be more appropriate to compare life with a grab bag than with a box of chocolate, there you never know what you get, indeed.

a very bore film :frowning:

Very or very, very?

A GREAT FILM!!!

1 Like

2 and 3 times very :wink: