The films of Lucio Fulci

Not exactly an exploding head but this is great stuff from a film I really like that doesn’t get as much credit as it deserves.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:141, topic:517”]Not exactly an exploding head but this is great stuff from a film I really like that doesn’t get as much credit as it deserves.

- YouTube i’m not the only one Yodlaf! i love The Fury! one of my Top 20 films and My favourite Brian De Palma Film. Pure entertainment from start to finish, and a great film score, the main theme is tremendous! 10/10

Out of the Fulci films I’ve seen

1.Silver Saddle
2.The Beyond
3.House by the Cemetery
4.Four off the Apocalypse
5.Massacre Time
6.The New York Ripper
7.Zombie 2
8. City of the living dead

First saw zombie 2 oh probably 11 years ago, and at the time, I found the first half slow, and found myself fast forwarding to the last twenty minutes. I ended up buying a copy of the house by the cemetery and fell in love with the gore,dark haunted old mansion, bizarre villain, and thought the scenes he shot in the basement ( with the mad, ageless doctor) were unlike anything I’d seen before. I viewed New York ripper but thought or too was bit slow, and shelved Fulci until I saw he made westerns and of course the rest is history.

Upon seeing " the Beyond" for the first time, I regret shelving him and putting this off, as it’s very entertaining, and the scene where the dog attacks the women, as well that spider scene ( shot somewhat slowly to intensify the gore), both make cool usage of special effects. That opening scene ( the killing of the painter) is a fine display of gore and debauchery, is my second opening of any of his films( besides silver saddle) and I think it gives the viewer a display of blood and evil. a nice realistic display of gore, very inspiring to watch over and over, and I don’t think he could have made it better.

There is another thread on the same topic named “The films of fulci”, shouldn’t they be merged?

Here’s something for Fulci fans

1 Like

But people have to be quick. The campaign ends just about right now.

In fact it has ended now. I already jumped on the ‘cheap’ £75 package including the book and dvd. Look forward to some Fulci reading when it’s finally released.

1 Like

Reviewed one

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/The_House_by_the_Cemetery_BluRay_review

Watched quite recently Demonia from severin BD. While obviously nowhere as good as his earlier horrors it turned out to be far better than expected. Lead actress was good and locations great. With slightly better script(lots ideas are borrowed from his earlier movies) and some more time spent on filming it would perhaps have been great. Of movies Fulci made after new york ripper imo Demonia is finest tho haven`t seen Conquest yet.

Fulci is one of my favorites.

The Beyond,Gates of Hell,House by the Cemetery and others are great films.

Seen Massacre Time,but it was a bad print.

1 Like