The films of Lucio Fulci

Held off from watching Murder Rock, but will view later this month.

Am interested to hear what you think. I will have to watch this one again and see if I still hold the same opinion about it.

Watched Fulciā€™s Demonia. Not sure if this was one of his made for TV films, but I assume that it is, as it has that look and feel to it. The lack of budget is apparant in the look of the film and many of the effects, although the gore effects were still done well IMO.

Some silly moments, like a ghost nun appearing and shooting a man down with a harpoon. Also some good moments like the introduction scene with the nuns being crucified, and Fulci making an appearance as a detective. All in all, a lesser effort from Fulci and I can see most not liking the film much. The writing seemed pretty weak and could of been a lot better film with better writing. Still though, I thought it was a lot better than it could have been in the hands of a less skilled director. For me, this title exists somewhere in the grey area between not terribly good, but not terribly bad either.

Watched House of Clocks (1989). A pretty good film for one of Fulciā€™s later efforts. Fairly negative film, as basically every character is some kind of murderer or criminal. Strange story that doesnā€™t make a lot of sense and is pulled off better than I thought it would be. The whole time I was watching, wondering how this story would unfold, because I just couldnā€™t picture it. Strangely enough, it all ended up being held together much more coherently than is usual for Fulci :smiley: A good handful of gore scenes, so no disappointment there.

i like and i have in my collection:
silver sadle
masacre time
contraband
zombie
house by the cemetery
city of the living dead
the beyond
new york ripper

fulci made some of the worst also like: daemonia, manhatan baby, four of the apocalypse, sweet house of horrors
daemonia take me four weeks to finise it!! really crap!

house of clocks was not good and not bad either something in the midle

i always like plastic effects more than a computer effects

[quote=ā€œIā€¦Iā€¦Idiot, post:85, topic:517ā€]But it also has thisā€¦

one of the best scenes in any horror[/quote]
this scene was really fake but the bite in the neck from the zombie very awesome!!

contraband

Its a nice one for sure.

I revisited a few of my Fulci movies over the last month in my zombie viewing:

Zombie - the first Fulci movie I saw and definitely my favorite. Released hot on the heels of Romeroā€™s Dawn of the Dead but was in production first this was released as Zombie 2 in most markets (Dawn was released as Zombi by Argento in Europe). I love how downbeat this movie is and the FX are bad ass especially with the infamous eye scene (which would become Fulciā€™s trademark).

The Beyond - another great weird gore filled movie. I love the Lovecraftian feel to it and the ending is really great that is really out there and excellent

City of the Living Dead - solid zombie gore filled movie with the infamous gut vomiting scene.

[quote=ā€œFrank Talby, post:132, topic:517ā€]I revisited a few of my Fulci movies over the last month in my zombie viewing:

Zombie - the first Fulci movie I saw and definitely my favorite. Released hot on the heels of Romeroā€™s Dawn of the Dead but was in production first this was released as Zombie 2 in most markets (Dawn was released as Zombi by Argento in Europe). I love how downbeat this movie is and the FX are bad ass especially with the infamous eye scene (which would become Fulciā€™s trademark).

The Beyond - another great weird gore filled movie. I love the Lovecraftian feel to it and the ending is really great that is really out there and excellent

City of the Living Dead - solid zombie gore filled movie with the infamous gut vomiting scene.[/quote]
i loved the vommit scene from city of the living dead! call me a sick man but i loved it also the exploding head from beyond looks so awesome!

the exploding head is pretty impressive

my favorite exploding head is in Romeroā€™s Dawn of the Deadā€¦ BOOM!

Both of those are pretty good, but do like the exploding head bit in Maniac.

Mine is in Scanners.

Almost mentioned this one myselfā€¦ I think it takes the cake

I have to re-watch Maniac. Been a while since I saw it.

i also like exploding head from scanners realy clasic!