The films of Lucio Fulci

Have you seen this website www.pre-cert.co.uk :wink:

Thanks for the info.

Interesting site, and I think I will be looking at quite a bit!

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:4, topic:517”]He was quite mad yet a true loveable character, he scribbled all over my “LIZARD IN A WOMAN’S SKIN” tape with about 6 signatures!
David Warbeck was also there and was also willing to have a good chat with his fans.
It was at Eurofest 98 in Hampstead, London.[/quote]

I have just obtained an E.C Entertainment D.V.D to the film HOUSE BY THE CEMETREY.

It contains a 40 odd minute interview with Fulci and Warbeck at the Eurofest in 1994 (thats what it says in the beginning titles).

Are you sure Warbeck was there in 98, as I thought he died in 97 ?

Very interesting stuff said, and Warbeck was such a cool guy!.

Fulci went on to say many interesting things, including how he would have liked to make another western.

He also said his last western (SILVER SADDLE) was not very well thought of in his own country, but well liked in alot of other countries

Interesting interview/discussion anyway.

well spotted, a mistake on my behalf, if you look in the very first post i did mention it was '94

Did you ask a question to Fulci or Warbeck then?

I did ask them questions but i honestly can’t remember what now. I do recall Warbeck telling me one of the films he had most fun filming was “FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE” even though he was hardly in it.
Also he said that he likes to put little goofs in his films, in THE BEYOND when he is getting in the lift with Catriona McColl he starts loading up his pistol by putting the bullets down the barrell!, he also does somethinh in THE LAST HUNTER but i can’t remember what it was.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:66, topic:517”]I did ask them questions but i honestly can’t remember what now. I do recall Warbeck telling me one of the films he had most fun filming was “FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE” even though he was hardly in it.
Also he said that he likes to put little goofs in his films, in THE BEYOND when he is getting in the lift with Catriona McColl he starts loading up his pistol by putting the bullets down the barrell!, he also does somethinh in THE LAST HUNTER but i can’t remember what it was.[/quote]

Good you asked questions, I probably would not have done way back then , and yes I heard them speak about some of the things you mentioned.

Fulci had a red style hat on, and Warbeck I thought was looking a bit to much on the thin side, even though he was always pretty slim.

It is a shame they are now both dead, and Warbeck at such an early age , just makes you think sometimes you are not really on the planet for long.

That’s right, i asked him if it was the same one he wore in “UN GATTO NEL CERVELLO” and it was, even though he was in high spirits he was not well at the time and had to wear braces on his legs to walk.
He was sitting with his daughter who was also very nice and did a fair bit of translating for him.

Finally managed to get round to watching my THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY DVD.

Felt like I was watching a spaghetti at moments, when the camera was really zooming in on people’s faces.

Plenty of negative elements in the film, and it is one of the many things I enjoy about the film.

The music, actors, story, camera work and of course the gore make this a classic Fulci film.

What is your favourite FULCI film?

i can’t really think of a favourite as there are so many great ones.

Yes, most definatly!

Just watched my new DVD release of PERVERSION STORY (A.K.A ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER), by FULCI.

I had thought I had not seen the film before, but when watching I recalled I had seen it many years ago (probably from an old pre-cert VHS source).

Nice photography, music and locations to the film, with a keep watching type of plot.

The main 1.85 print source for this transfer is supposed to be the FRENCH cut of the film, with ITALIAN opening and end credits.
There is an ENGLISH and ITALIAN audio track to the film, but no FRENCH audio .

The nudity and sex scenes are more HOT in this version, but looses some tame plot footage (when compared to the U.S print).

So, I am sure there will be a further release to the film in the future (whether unofficial or official), that includes all the spicer footage and tame footage.

(Nice to see a fairly young FULCI in a guest role in the film sporting a full head of hair).

iThe old pre-cert was called “ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER”

Opinions on Fulci’s Black Cat? Is it giallo?

I’ve seen it once so I should know but I just remember that it had a sort of weird plot, that I liked the character of the old man, that it had a nice athmosphere and that the effects of the cat killing someone looked awful.

I’d like to point everybody’s attention to

www.grindhousedatabase.com

our new sister site

Just viewed Silver Saddle.

Entertaining western and I tend to like Giuliano Gemma in most westerns, and nice to see Geoffrey Lewis (even though dubbed) have a large part in a Spaghetti.
The song was a bit cheesy and the kid was a pain in the arse at times. I forgot this was a Fulci film until I saw the kid getting whipped.

Watched The House by the Cemetery this morning so thought I’d reboot this thread as there has been a bit of talk re Fulci recently.

Lots of good stuff in this one but probably the biggest horror factor for me was that the annoying kid doesn’t get knocked off early on. A clear opportunity missed. That whining high pitched voice grated like fingernails down a blackboard. Seriously though, a good gory horror thriller with some plot holes the size of a double decker bus. What was with the babysitter? One minute she is mopping up blood left on the kitchen floor without raising one of her colossal eyebrows and the next she is wandering down to the cellar and taken by surprise by the knife wielding zombie maniac. Ah well, no need for logic in a film like this I suppose.

If you can remember Phil, one of my rules for horror films was:

1. Contrary to popular belief, in horror films, PLOT DOES COUNT.

Well please ignore this rule when viewing a Fulci film. It does not apply! LOL.

Plots in Fulci films are like the talent portion of a beauty contest, they don’t matter :wink: