The changing look of Sartana

In the first two Sartana movies with Garko, I think they wanted him to look like Clint Eastwood, with the stubble and all.

But then Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid came out in 1969, and the subsequent Sartana movies with Garko had a moustached Robert Redford look.

I couldn’t help but notice that the resemblance between Garko and Redford is uncanny.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

I possibly prefer the Clint Eastwood look much more because I am a BIG BIG Eastwood
fan but am NOT really a fan of either Robert Redford or Paul Newman.

By the way I was on where you mentioned Mr Challenge and voted that 10 as required (Sartana 1968).

I would appreciate if you Challenge RETURNED THE FAVOUR and voted 10 (as they should be) for my cult hero’s SUPER SWs.

PETER LEE LAWRENCE and his eternally loved (in Italy especially) Spaghetti Westerns.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:2, topic:787”]I possibly prefer the Clint Eastwood look much more because I am a BIG BIG Eastwood
fan but am NOT really a fan of either Robert Redford or Paul Newman.[/quote]
I’m not a ‘fan’ of them either but Butch Cassidy is just fucking great.

Newman was/is an extremely charismatic actor.

Newman has always looked a bit on the old side even when he was young, and even though a good actor, I tend to only like a few of his films.

NO I did NOT think Butch Cassidy was “fuc-kin-g great” as you put it…language :o

My view of that tedious Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid 69 was of a poor/dull film
with too much slapstick/buddy moments and not anywhere near the mystery/action or
suspense needed.

As I said I am very wary of any film with Redford/Newman but I liked the SACHA DISTEL
song as SACHA DISTEL is always a very fine melodic singer rip.

I had never thought about the similar looks before, but you may have a point there.

However, Redford will never look as cool as Garko by a mile, and was never a believable man of action, unlike Garko. And Redford has NOT aged well either.