The best sw directed by Rafael Romero Marchent

1: Two Crosses at Danger Pass
2: …And Sartana Killes Them All
3: Garringo
4: Dead Men Don`t Count
5. Pray of Voltures

I’d say Garringo may be my fav. Or Sartana kills them all.

So far And Sartana kills them all

By no means a masterpiece, but a nice little SW

[quote=“korano, post:2, topic:2438”]I’d say Garringo may be my fav. Or Sartana kills them all.[/quote]My favorites too but I also like Awkward Hands quite a lot.

Probably Dead Men Don’t Count!, but don’t think hes done anything that great from what i’ve seen so far.

Awkward Hands so far I reckon.

1. Two Crosses at Danger Pass
  2. Ringo the Lone Rider

I really like Rafael Romero Marchent’s films even though at times they are somewhat American Western looking at times. There is something about them I like but I can’t put my finger on it!

I think both Garringo and Dead Men Don’t Count/Cry for Revenge are terrific.

I kind of liked Prey of the Vultures. But then again it’s pretty much like every other Marchent spaghetti.

I have seen four films of him:

Dos hombres van a morir (Ringo: The Lone Rider): Routine average movie without some surprises and ideas. A little too American for a SW, but you can watch to without getting headaches.

E continuavano a chiamarlo figlio di… : A real waste of time. Boring experiment, the Zorro theme to transfer in the Spaghetti Western.

Garringo: Very good film, with interesting characters and good implementation. For me, the best SW of Marchent so far

Uno a uno sin piedad (One Against One… No Mercy ): Bad film, where I fell asleep.
Maybe I have the Possibility to see again, to form a new opinion. But I have very bad memories.

From what i remember it would be something like this

1.When Satan Grips the Colt
2.Prey of Vultures
3.Garringo
4.Sartana kills them
5.Two Crosses in Danger Pass
6.Dead Men Don’t Count
7.Ringo: The Lone Rider
8.Gunman’s Hands
9.E continuavano a chiamarlo figlio di…
10.One Against One… No Mercy
11.Woman for Ringo

But When Satan Grips the Colt is really oustanding in this crowd with Kung-Fu training sequences (allthough with pistols) and scenes with Zombies (in a plagued town) Great stuff!!!

[quote=“django the bastard, post:11, topic:2438”]1.When Satan Grips the Colt

But When Satan Grips the Colt is really oustanding in this crowd with Kung-Fu training sequences (allthough with pistols) and scenes with Zombies (in a plagued town) Great stuff!!![/quote]

What is it? I have never heard of it. :o

Rafael Romero Marchent is one director of whom I have seen only 5 or 6 of his large SW output.

Garringo was so far the best. 6/10

Sartana Kills Them all and Manos Torpes are interesting, but not completely convincing.

[quote=“The Stranger, post:12, topic:2438”]What is it? I have never heard of it. :o[/quote]I’m not familiar with the title but the scenes make me guess he means Peter Lee Lawrence film Awkard Hands/Clumsy Hands/Manos Torpes.

Ok, that makes sense.
I thank you for the information, Bill. :wink:

one of my worst directors of the genre

I saw Garringo a few days ago, it was alright. Haven’t seen any of the others although I want to see Sartana Kills Them All just because it has Garko.

ai have seen all of his films and to me they are unwatchble!
the worst director after fidani… :o