The best SW directed by Edoardo Mulargia

So I think the comedic elements in W Django are not exaggerated.
Since there are worse examples. Far worse.
And I must admit, I hate SW comedies.
W Django but I also find very good. And I think not that it is a comedy. :wink:

[quote=“The Stranger, post:21, topic:2357”]So I think the comedic elements in W Django are not exaggerated.
Since there are worse examples. Far worse.[/quote]
I can’t think of any but that’s just my opinion :slight_smile:

I don’t classify it as a comedy SW, that’s why I said ‘with comedic elements’. It’s not that awful really, but we surely have seen SW with a better balance between seriousness and irony or comedy.

In W Django are not more comedy elements than in the Leone films, at least I don’t remember much.

Calling it a comedy western or even a western with comedy elements is imo absolutely misleading.

What is it then? The brother of CUT-THROATS NINE? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d agree that it is not a comedy western, on the other hand I don’t find the vicious irony that’s in Leone or the Sartanas, it certainly feels more lighthearted to me.

Hmm, I remember it as a dirty and violent western, with some absurd elements, but not more or less than in The Great Silence or in FaFDM.
These scenes tend towards comedy without becoming comedy.
And I could easily live without them. In all 3 films I have mentioned.

Absurd maybe yes but, dirty & violent = two words that never crossed my mind while watching W Django.
But that was a long time ago, maybe it’s time for a revisit under a new and more SW-experienced perspective.

It’s at first an action western. It’s not infected by the Spencer/Hill virus. It’s not the most violent western around, but it’s mainly about shooting and killing, and Steffen’s clothes are on the dirty side of the life.

I guess it’s all relative, I have seen more violent and dirtier SW than W Django, not to mention movies in general. It might be dirty and violent at parts, but not enough in order to say that those are its basic features.
An action-based western with some absurd moments that tend to be from comedic to plainly ridiculous, that description and everyone is satisfied haha

Ha ha, well, yes …

Yeah, I agree… I think the comedic elements work in W Django, and I love Steffens performance.

Yes, but look, for example, the Sabata or Sartana movies.
Since there are so many bizarre scenes. There is no difference to W Django.
I think it’s working. And I think that Steffen here delivers better performance than usual. Or in films such as Train for Durango or Un Uomo chiamato Apocalisse Joe. All films with comedic elements. But right there, is not on Steffen wooden acting noticeable. :wink:

I think the comedy was one of the weaknesses of W Django. It would’ve been better if it was made serious. However, this fault is relatively minor and doesn’t detract too much from the film I feel. I’ve also seen El Puro, Shango, Why go on killing, Cjamango, and Don’t wait django, shoot and I didn’t really like any of those.

I have only seen W Django and Shango, I don’t like either of them. W Django I find too comedic and lousily directed and Shango is alright but still lousily directed. Hopefully El Puro is better.

Is perhaps a problem of the English dubbing ?
I do not know why complain by the movie all about the comedic elements.

I think Companeros has a lot more comedic elements as W Django, for exemple.
I not understand that now. ???

But it’s a lot more well handled in Compañeros.