The best of Lee Van Cleef

Check out- the bad.net a van cleef tribute page with filmography,gallery and web board.

[quote=“JONAH HEX, post:21, topic:464”]Check out- the bad.net a van cleef tribute page with filmography,gallery and web board.[/quote]Nice site. I believe it’s the same site I visited years ago and listened LVC singing Captain Apache, and that was years before I saw GBU.

I’ll go with Death Rides a Horse.

Dammit, I really gotta see the Big Gundown!

Me too!

It’s ridiculous. I’ve been wanting to get hold of this film for years. Is there any way of getting this without sending away to Japan?

[quote=“Phil H, post:24, topic:464”]Me too!

It’s ridiculous. I’ve been wanting to get hold of this film for years. Is there any way of getting this without sending away to Japan?[/quote]
Try German Koch media box :wink:

I checked that out but I’m afraid 50 euros is out of my price range at the moment. Do you know if it available anywhere as a single title?

The were announcing a single release of those 3 movies, but as far as i know they were still not released

[quote=“Phil H, post:26, topic:464”]I checked that out but I’m afraid 50 euros is out of my price range at the moment. Do you know if it available anywhere as a single title?[/quote]Check out exploited cinema.com,thats where i got my copy,its a fan made dvdr but the quality is good.

No suprise I go with the majority and rightly so. The Big Gundown

‘Big Gundown’ for me, too.

Great movie and Cleef really owns it from start to finish. That opening scene with the 3 bullets, and then the scene where… aw, heck! The whole thing is just excellent!

death rides a horse
sabata
for a few dollars more
grand duel

lee van cleef was my favorite actor!!!

I think that Lee van Cleef is a far better and more interesting actor than Clint Eastwood. He stole the show from Eastwood in FAFDM just as Eli Wallach did in GBU.

I voted for La Resa dei Conti (#3 in my top 20). I’ve yet to see Day of Anger.

I have to go with the Big Gundown. From the opening scene with that great winter coat to the excellent ending he’s excellent. Anyone who can hold their own with Tomas Milian one on one has to be a pretty good actor. I waited for years to see Lee as a white hat and he didn’t disappoint me. When Eastwood went back to Hollywood Lee stayed and took over the spot as #1 American actor of the genre. Although all of his westerns were not top notch Lee was always Lee and he always gave an excellent performance.

I’ll vote for Bad Man’s River, mainly because of his believable seduction-scene with Gina (Lollobrigida), mmmmmmm… as ‘re-united’ ex-husband 'n ex-wife.

G: " What do you admire most in a woman… ? "
L: " Actually, all the parts. Whaddya look-for first in a man… ? "
G: " Honesty. "
L : " Um, and second… ? "

The Big Gundown is my favourite of these and that’s what I voted for. I think Day of Anger is his best performance, though.

[quote=“kit saginaw, post:34, topic:464”]I’ll vote for Bad Man’s River, mainly because of his believable seduction-scene with Gina (Lollobrigida), mmmmmmm… as ‘re-united’ ex-husband 'n ex-wife.

G: " What do you admire most in a woman… ? "
L: " Actually, all the parts. Whaddya look-for first in a man… ? "
G: " Honesty. "
L : " Um, and second… ? "[/quote]

Controversial choice for favourite but to each his own amigo! :wink:

Death Rides A Horse!! 8)

Day of Anger does it for me :slight_smile: .

yeap!! maybe better than sabata

For me his top five are:

1. The Big Gundown
  2. Day of Anger
  3. The Grand Duel
  4. Take a Hard Ride
  5. God’s Gun

I also enjoyed Kid Vengeance, Sabata and Blood Money. Didn’t care much for Return of Sabata, Captain Apache, or Beyond the Law. Didn’t like Bad Man’s River. I also don’t understand the hype around Death Rides a Horse. I would encourage people who are hesitant to give “Take a Hard Ride” a try though, I thought it was a fun movie with a great soundtrack, even if it felt more American than Italian.