The Baseball Corner

Rangers are back to .500 - 10-10

I’m pulling for your team (and for Bluntwolf’s Marlins) Although I don’t feel confident in the Rangers. The Marlins have a better shot even though they are struggling right now.

The Marlins seem to have an amazing ability to tear apart a good team, rebuild quickly from scratch and again become a contender. Must have a hell of a farm system!
Just switched over from Cards/Nats to TNT to check out the play-offs. Another Boston/Bulls barnburner.
@ I…I…
Are you also a Celtic fan?

I’ll let you know after the OT. :wink:

LOL Ah, I see!

What a series. Bruins kick it off tomorrow. Great time for sports.

They have been so and so the last few games… Right now they’re trailing the Cubs 5-6 at the bottom of the seventh; 2 on; no outs ! Nice win last night with six runs in the 10th !

Hotdang! The commentators have Denise Richards with them right now :slight_smile: ! She’s a big Cubs fan :frowning: ! And it’s 5-7 with no outs and runners and first and third ! >:(

Off topic but, did any of you guys happen to catch the Kentucky Derby? A 50-1 shot won it with an incredible stretch run. Helluva jockey, helluva trainer, and helluva horse.

She also butchered ‘Take Me Out To The Ballgame’

Wish I bet on him

A day or two late I…I… but I bet the Red Sox catcher is still having nightmares of Carl Crawford swirling around the bases.

I know I am. Texas still above 500. The A’s are my pick for the West, but that division is wide open now, with the Los Angeles Angels of Oakland Almeda Sacramento…whatever they are called, having so many injuries (& no closer)

Well, the Rangers finally got slugger Hamilton back after 15 days on the DL. Things are looking pretty good for us as we’re currently in 1st place…now, if only our pitching will hold.

Carlos, I drove by the home of your favorite Redbirds on my way from Indianapolis to Dallas last week. Beautiful stadium!

I…I…as well as the Rangers are doing, the Bosox still have a better record. Some things never change.

I’m hoping they can outlast the Angels. Extra innings today, the 11th & counting…
& as I’m typing they lose. Shit!

[quote=“AceHigh, post:73, topic:1711”]Well, the Rangers finally got slugger Hamilton back after 15 days on the DL. Things are looking pretty good for us as we’re currently in 1st place…now, if only our pitching will hold.

Carlos, I drove by the home of your favorite Redbirds on my way from Indianapolis to Dallas last week. Beautiful stadium!

I…I…as well as the Rangers are doing, the Bosox still have a better record. Some things never change.[/quote]
Am I green with envy or what? Maybe someday…
Cards aren’t playing very well right now, however trying to close out Pittsburgh tonight.
Your Rangers with some late inning heroics today. Was down in Lewisville on business today so listened to the game on the way back.

Break up the Rangers!
Who are these guys? A winning streak? Plummeting era’s?
Good early showing.

Sox had a tough West coast trip. Good news is they are done with the West coast for the year.

We’re having some good pitching(which I’m not used to) plus some great clutch hitting and good defense. One of the biggest improvements defensively is the shortstop Andrus. I thought the Rangers were crazy when they moved Young from short to third but, obviously, they knew what they were doing. Andruw Jones is having somewhat of a resurgence this year also. Not much was expected from him. The good thing about all of this is we have survived through some injuries to a couple of the star players. Hamilton missed 15 days and our closer Francisco is due back this week, so full speed ahead.

Your Rangers are hanging on to that top spot and it’s almost June! Cruz looks like the real deal.
Speaking of June, I…I, May was pretty tough for the Boston pro scene.
The Cards pitching staff seems to have recovered with the return of Carpenter, a nice sweep of the Cubs and 2 shutouts of KC.
How do you guys feel about inter-league play? Personally I feel it could be cut in half as I enjoy the regional competition but most of it just distracts from the business at hand for me.

Hate inter-league play. Ruins the glow of the WS. Aside From LA, NY & Chicago, who really cares.
May… >:( + :-[ + :-\ = :’(