Terence Hill & Bud Spencer!

Hey Amigos!

La migliore coppia italiana comica/western non puo’ essere non ricordata:

Bud Spencer was born as Carlo Pedersoli on 1929 in Napoli, Italy.After receiving his doctorate in law, winning several medals as a swimmer, and participating in the Helsinki Olympics in the Italian national team, he starred in Quo Vadis, his first movie, as the emperor’s guard.
Terence Hill was born March 29, 1939 - At the height of his considerable popularity, Terence Hill was one of Italy’s highest-paid stars. A tall, handsome blonde of German-Italian heritage, Hill was born Mario Girotti (he used his birth name onscreen until 1968) and changed his name to Terence Hill in 1969. He came up with his name by combining the name of the author of a Latin book, Terenzio, with the maiden name of his American wife, Lori.

Hill and Spencer would work together in some 19 films.

Western filmography
Together:

Dio perdona… io no!
Giuseppe Colizzi

I quattro dell’Ave Maria
Giuseppe Colizzi

La collina degli stivali
Giuseppe Colizzi

Lo chiamavano Trinità…
E.B. Clucher

…Continuavano a chiamarlo Trinità
E.B. Clucher

Bud Spencer:

Al di là della legge
Giorgio Stegani

Un esercito di 5 uomini
Don Taylor, Italo Zingarelli

Una ragione per vivere e una per morire
Tonino Valerii

Si può fare… amigo
Maurizio lucidi

Occhio alla penna
Michele Lupo
(comic)

Terence Hill:

Little Rita nel West
Ferdinando Baldi
(musical)

Preparati la bara!
Ferdinando Baldi

…E poi lo chiamarono il Magnifico
E.B. Clucher

Il mio nome è Nessuno
Tonino Valerii

Un genio, due compari, un pollo
Damiano Damiani

http://www.budterence.tk/ :wink:

you which have seen?

1 Like

I think i’ve seen them all, okay maybe not little rita

My favorite are “Lo chiamavano Trinità…” one of best italian western of the '70…

I’ve not seen Al di là della legge, Un esercito di 5 uomini and i don’t remember few movies of Bud…

You’ve forgotten some titles:

Troublemakers 1994 directed by Hill

Trinity Sees Red 1970 directed by Mario Camus

I’ve seen all westerns by them. My favorites are My Name is Nobody, Viva Django and God Forgives …I don’t.

‘Preparati la bara’ (Viva Django) and ‘Dio perdona … io no !’ are the best ones ! I also like ‘La collina degli stivali’ (Boot Hill).
The rest is mainly comedy-stuff. Both of them are really good in serious westerns but they became famous with those comedies ! I loved 'em when I was a kid, now I think they’re alright but I prefer a good gunfight to a comedic fistfight !!!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

I have watched nearly everybody except of I think Little Rita and Boot Hill…

I have seen most of their films, but I’m not a big fan of them.
I like Little Rita nel West, with Rita Pavone, and Occhio alla penna, two funny films.

I think the serious western are really good. The comedy ones are cool to relax and lauh. I also like the non-western movies of them both.

…ahh, I think you forgot Oggi a me…domani a tehttp://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Oggi_a_me…_domani_a_te%21.

Regarding Trinity Sees Red/ La Collera del vento, it’s an interesting film but I don’t know if you can call it a western, it is set in Spain.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:4, topic:244”]You’ve forgotten some titles:

Troublemakers 1994 directed by Hill

Trinity Sees Red 1970 directed by Mario Camus

I’ve seen all films by them. My favorites are My Name is Nobody, Viva Django and God Forgives …I don’t.[/quote]

Yeah, I have not inserted these titles them for 2 reasons: troublemaker(botte di Natale) it is a true bleargh-commercial-parody :-X of italian western, and offensive for the fan of B and T (Sorry!)

… and the second one is here:

I have omitted also other titles older them, where the 2 were famous as Carl Pedersoli and Mario Girotti…

I’m are guilty! sorry! :-[ ;D

I realy love them.As a child i loved the funny versions(also the non Spag ones), but now i like more the original version like God Forgives …I don’t ,the Trinitys and the two Nobodys

My Favourite Spencer/Hill film is “Watch out, We’re mad!”

did you know that Bud Spencer was an olympic swimmer before he was an actor!

Of course I did !!!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

must admit, ive never seen pictures,i imagined a big hefty bloke with loads of power to push him along!

Am I the only one who totally despises their films? I completely hate comedy westerns, but in particular Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer films. In my opinion, the only ones that is remotely tolerable are Boot Hill and Ace High.

You’re not the only one. Many people on this board hate the Hill and Spencer comedies.

I’m not one of them. I don’t exactly hate them but I’m not really a lover of these films either.

I do have somewhat of a dislike for their serious SW’s. The “Cat Stevens” trilogy I find quite tedious and boring and talky. The trinity films I don’t mind but I wouldn’t exactly call myself a fan of them.

Is Boot Hill a comedy western?

And what about God Forgives… I Don’t! surely you must like that one. A nice hard spaghetti western.

You don’t like My Name is Nobody either then?

I can understand if you dislike some of their movies but discounting all of them sounds kind of opinionated to me. Certainly discounting all comedy westerns is. Sure some of them are intolerable even to me :stuck_out_tongue: but damn there is so much good stuff. Lighten up amigo :slight_smile:

Haha, sure it’s opinionated, but not unreasonable. I like my spaghetti westerns down and dirty, not fun and comedic (which often times aren’t even funny!) I haven’t seen a single comedy western that I honestly liked (an I even sat through “A Man Called Invincible” because I like most of Guiliano Carnimeo’s work.) As far as Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer go, I just don’t like him them as actors so in turn, I don’t like their movies… I’ve never seen a good one so I really have no desire to see them all.

Boot Hill isn’t really a comedy western but maybe it’s supposed to have some funny parts… but it’s dark down and dirty. I also like the strange soundtrack.

P.S. No, I don’t like My Name is Nobody. :wink:

[quote=“Søren, post:18, topic:244”]Is Boot Hill a comedy western?

And what about God Forgives… I Don’t! surely you must like that one. A nice hard spaghetti western.

You don’t like My Name is Nobody either then?

I can understand if you dislike some of their movies but discounting all of them sounds kind of opinionated to me. Certainly discounting all comedy westerns is. Sure some of them are intolerable even to me :stuck_out_tongue: but damn there is so much good stuff. Lighten up amigo :)[/quote]

What you feel about Spencer & Hill movies I feel about George Hilton spaghetti western comedies. Very hard to swallow.

If you haven’t seen Long Live Your Death aka Don’t Turn the Other Cheek you should definitely check that one out… I take it you have seen Companeros? Didn’t like that one either? Not a comedy comedy but at least have a lighter tone.