Talk Whatever

That’s really cool amigo, has the quintessential SW flavor, terrific find there. :+1:

1 Like

Anyone know why this still has no Blu Ray version to speak of? (as far as I am aware)
Pat_Garrett_and_Billy_the_Kid_film_poster

kind of bizarre, if you ask me…

1 Like

Now that you mention it: what the actual fuck

Btw I am in Rome. Any last minute tips of shit to check out?

1 Like

Never been. But I am certainly jealous. Enjoy yourself, man.

1 Like

Criterion are rumoured to be working on a blu-ray. Alex Cox mentioned it a few months ago.

2 Likes

Well, that would most definitely be appreciated. Weird it has taken so long though. Cheers!

So it’ll look all green n shit ;)) haha

Ah sorry amigo, that was directed at anyone.
On that note. It is my first time… Quite interesting. Overcrowded for my taste even in October, but if u like Italian food and wine, there’s like neighborhoods that literally consist of nothing but restaurants. Mind-blowing

2 Likes

Appropriate that those are in Rome since that sounds like heaven.

DEAR DIARY

A very special day today. I have finally discovered my niche in life.

Didn’t even know I had a niche - a nephew as well… :wink:

2 Likes

Too much to mention really, it’s such a fabulous city.

But, for a cineaste a trip out to Cinecitta is a must. Super easy to get to. Take the metro and it is right outside the station.

Also the gelateria on Tiber Island. Best Gelato in Rome I reckon.

Maybe just a stroll along the Via Veneto and imagine all the streetside cafes are still full of diectors and actors from the golden age.

Trastevere is also worth a wander. Lots of restaurants but also a film book shop somewhere in there.

Enjoy it amigo

2 Likes

Met Eugenio last night in trastavere. Now headed for Dario’s shop, hope he is there :slight_smile: not sure if I can squeeze in a trip to cinecitta

At least a glimpse

5 Likes

Italy is a must see for me in the future. My Dad’s got family out there from his maternal grandparents families in Napoli. A friend of mine and her husband went to Italy when they were first married and had lots of fun. They could only take a week for vacation there, but it was enough to see Rome and Florence

Dario was not there today unfortunately, and neither was Luigi, but I went and checked it out, cute shop (museum part wasn’t open):

3 Likes

Bradley Cooper ‘to play famous Steve McQueen role’ in new Steven Spielberg film

Get a grip…and come up with some new ideas in Hollywood.

Bradley Cooper may be taking on one of Steve McQueen’s most famous roles in a new Steven Spielberg film.

The actor and director will reportedly play San Francisco cop Frank Bullitt in a movie based on the 1968 classic.

According to Deadline , McQueen’s son, Chad, and granddaughter, Molly, will executive produce alongside Spielberg.

Bullitt gave McQueen one of his most memorable characters, and is renowned for featuring one of cinema’s most impressive car chase scenes.

Spielberg will direct the film from a script that’s being written by Josh Singer, who was behind Spotlight and the Spielberg-directed The Post .

How anyone can even contemplate re-making such an iconic slice of movie history?

Roll on the King of Cool’, Steve McQueen…

1 Like

Well said, my friend! :clap: :beers:

1 Like

Still can’t get over the fact that when I mentioned my brother dying of cancer recently, I had so many companeros expressing their best wishes.
A heart-felt, sincere THANK YOU.

It has been difficult for the past couple of weeks since my brother died of cancer (not smoking related).
A wonderful older brother, who cared for me when I was his youngest baby brother.

BIG THANKS to ‘SWDB’.

7 Likes

Any time @Toscano ^^ its what communities are for :sunflower:

oh and if you ever wanna hang out and not watch spags alone we could always get a Discord server up and running, we could all hang out and watch together :film_projector:
(as long as its a LVC film, naturally ^.~)

2 Likes

Some more info on that… The “Turner Preview” version is definitely the way to view the film currently, IMO. Curious to see what they do with this blu ray.

"In 1988, Turner Home Entertainment, with distribution by MGM, released Peckinpah’s preview version of Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid on video and Laserdisc. This version led to a rediscovery and reevaluation of the film, with many critics praising it as a lost masterpiece and proof of Peckinpah’s vision as a filmmaker at this time. The film’s reputation has grown substantially since this version was released, and the film has come to be regarded as something of a modern classic, equal in many ways to Peckinpah’s earlier films. Kristofferson noted in an interview, though, that Peckinpah had felt Dylan had been pushed on him by the studio and thus left “Knocking on Heaven’s Door” out of the preview version. In Kristofferson’s opinion, “Heaven’s Door” “was the strongest use of music that I had ever seen in a film. Unfortunately Sam … had a blind spot there.”

In 2005, a DVD of the film distributed by Warner Brothers was released containing the preview version as well as a new special edition which combined elements of the theatrical version, the preview version, and several new scenes never released in the previous versions. This third version of the film, known as the “special edition”, runs slightly shorter than the preview version."

2 Likes