Talk Whatever

Stay safe and healthy everyone. Observe hygiene, stay away from people… and hope for the best :confused:

4 Likes

Last.caress take every precaution in the book mate, both conditions you mention are a risk factor, it’s going to be economically dificult for everyone in the near future, but our and our kids healh it’s the most thing.

I’ve just read (don’t know if it true) that the plan in the UK, is to let the virus spread so that people can gain natural mass natural protection against it.

Of course in the end it will work, but what will be the cost

1 Like

I hear you brother.
I know it’s easy to say “don’t panic” but in truth it’s the best advice any of us can take at the moment. The ridiculous toilet roll situation is probably the best example of that. There is no shortage of toilet roll. Just a whole bunch of people buying up more than they need for no reason at all and thereby forcing others into doing the same as access disappears. We bring these things on ourselves and create a crisis where one doesn’t exist. It does make you despair at human nature sometimes.

3 Likes

It seems they are doing the same in Sweden. I’m in Denmark and it’s ‘interesting’ seeing the two countries that are very a like’s very different approaches to this. The border in Denmark closed some days ago and the kids have been home from school since Thursday last week. Everybody in my company is working from home now also since last Thursday as per recommendation from the Danish government and health officials. In Sweden they are not quite ready for this despite the virus spread seeming to be at about the same stage. So which approach is the ‘best’ we can see in a months time just by comparing the two countries.

I wish people would stop posting pictures of empty toilet roll shelves. It’s just getting old now.

2 Likes

It must be serious - the pubs in Ireland (south) just closed - and 1 day before the biggest drinking day of the year - St Patricks day!

1 Like

If ever there was declaration of the seriousness of a situation, this is it! Happy St.Patrick’s Day :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Thank you for being so open about your thoughts and feelings and sharing them with us! I think we’re all scared, for various reasons … but let’s keep a stiff upper lip! :slightly_smiling_face:

Relax, we’re doing great!
It all will pass.
Have a nice dinner, relax!

Donald the Great, Sunday, March 15, 2020

Mais il faut cependant que je vous le dise : il ne s’agit pas d’héroïsme dans tout cela. Il s’agit d’honnêteté. C’est une idée qui peut faire rire, mais la seule façon de lutter contre la peste, c’est l’honnêteté. (“But I must tell you, however, that there is no heroism in all this. It’s about honesty. This idea may seem ridiculous, but the only way to fight the plague is honesty.”)
Albert Camus, La Peste, 1947

5 Likes

On the plus side, my internet provider has removed all bandwidth allotment overcharges for the next month

2 Likes

I thought that’s a thing of the past…

For most it seems to be, but not for my internet provider here in Missouri USA… and we have very limited options for internet service, only 2 companies to choose from

You’re luck you’re not on the west coast. I’m right in the epicenter of where the Corona virus hit, and people panicked hard here. At least there’s nobody on the roads during my morning commute.

Hey, what part of Missouri?

Springfield, Southwest MO - right on the edge of Ozarks area

Ah yes, we’ve been there a number of times! I’m up in Warrensburg, and teach at the university.

Oh wow, didn’t realize anyone on this board was in the neighborhood!

Guess you’re on an extended vacation now eh?

Sorta. I get to be home, but it’s a significant amount of work to get our classes online (I teach in the media production program). Concerns about the pandemic aside, I’d much rather be at the office, than have the office come home with me.

I’ve got a project going that might see some public screenings of some spaghetti westerns next year. If/when that happens, I’ll send you an invitation in case you’d be interested in driving up!

1 Like

Sounds cool man! I’m always on the lookout for spaghetti screenings in the area but so far have yet to see any happen. I’ve even contacted the local Alamo Drafthouse about showing some since they had the restored print for The Great Silence showing at other Drafthouse locations, but no luck

What are you working on for this project?

I’m not publicly sharing yet, but I’ll send you a message!

Hi everyone in SW Land, it looks like all the Amazon sites are temporarily suspending overseas purchases until the curve has been reached with the COVID-19 Pandemic. My co-pt account with the UK, Germany, France, and Italy via my original in the US, and the one I decided to get for Japan are all still good, but all DVD and Blu Ray products are on hold for the time being. I did pre-order an Amazon UK item for my Dad for Father’s Day though I think it’ll be postponed, which is all right given what’s going on now, I just hope no one else here may have that problem. Hope everyone is safe and well where they are, and positive thoughts for those in Italy.

2 Likes