Talk Whatever

:o what a cast!

[quote=ā€œENNIOO, post:3740, topic:370ā€]Great cast to a western that will probably be never made:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2726408/[/quote]
Haha! Is this a joke?

I managed to get my hands on two tickets for the Ennio Morricone concert ā€œ50 years of musicā€ in Stuttgart two weeks ago. My gosh, it was goosebumpingly breathtaking to see and hear the maestro performing his music with his orchestra live and direct. Needlessly to say he got standing ovation and played several encores. As DJ Cosmic from International Pony has put it: ā€œMille, mille gracia per la sua musica grande signore Morricone!ā€

While reading a John Boorman to a newspaper (yeah I still read those), I had to share something he says about the main different between films in the 70ā€™s and those made these days
He said that Star Wars happen, the success made by films like Star Wars and made the studios realize that the main audience were 14 years old teens, so most films made after are targeted to that specific public. Today thereā€™s no middle ground the mainstream stuff are all blockbuster or at least try to be, and the so called ā€œartistic moviesā€ are down below made without money (except in France).

The thing is that films like Point Blank or Hell in the Pacific were mainstream back in the sixties, today they would be impossible for a great audience.

This word are wise and and heart-warming for me, my friends (some at least), and even my wife think Iā€™m a bit weird because I mostly watch ā€œold"movies, like they call those that werenā€™t made in the last year, but I know that Iā€™m not a 14 year old anymore, I once was but Iā€™m not anymore.

Iā€™ve just bought a laptop which has Windows 8 which, alas, doesnā€™t allow you to watch DVDs via Windows Media Player. Iā€™m looking to downlode freeware to play DVDs; does anyone have any recommendations? Can anyone vouch for the quality of VLC player ([url]Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN)?

VLC will play almost everything. Recommended!

Yup, VLC is a ā€œmust haveā€ item on any PC as far as Iā€™m concerned. Whenever I get a new computer:

1. Put the Norton/McAfee/Kaspersky trial in the bin
  2. Download AVG antivirus (free version)
  3. Download VLC

Download VLC with confidence, Mr. Welles.

[quote=ā€œlast.caress, post:3748, topic:370ā€]Whenever I get a new computer:

1. Put the Norton/McAfee/Kaspersky trial in the bin
  2. Download AVG antivirus (free version)
  3. Download VLC[/quote]
    I do the same.

Arrow Video have just announced their October slate. Alas, no spags.

Black Cats - a two-film boxset, consisting of The Black Cat (Fulci, 1981) and Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key (Martino, 1972)
Deep Red (Argento, 1975)
Hellraiser: The Scarlet Box - a three-film boxset, consisting of Hellraiser (Barker, 1987), Hellbound: Hellraiser II (Randel, 1988) and Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (Hickox, 1992)
Kiju Yoshida: Love + Anarchism - a three-film boxset, consisting of Eros + Massacre (1969) (Directorā€™s Cut & Theatrical Cut), Heroic Purgatory (1970) and Coup Dā€™Etat (1973)
Tenderness of the Wolves (Lommel, 1973)
Thievesā€™ Highway (Dassin, 1949)

Yes, just noticed aswell. Black Cats and Deep Red are sure buys.

Sniffy is at it again. ;D

Just put Windows 10 on my spare computer, think I will leave Windows 7 on the one I use now.

Alot of tweaking I had to do on Windows 10 including alot of privacy issues, read here :

Iā€™ll stick to windows 8 (I think itā€™s 8, but not sure) for the moment.

Not sure where to put this, but I have the UV code of the 4K remaster of Apollo 13 that came with Universalā€™s recent BD (which is superb quality). Is anyone interested in purchasing/trading it? Please PM me.

A really good (IMO) little movie mashup:

[url]HELL'S CLUB. OFFICIAL. NARRATIVE MOVIE MASHUP. AMDSFILMS. - YouTube

A quote attributed to Sir Thomas Beecham went along the lines of ā€œyou should try everything once except incest and morris dancingā€.

As somebody who subscibes to this belief, I find it somewhat ironical that having suffered the last two days nā€™ nights with godawful toothache, I finally got the bugger pulled to find out that theyā€™re holding a mass morris dancing day literally yards from my house!
For those of you continental types that probably donā€™t suffer this sort of flowers-in-their-hatsā€™ (the men) and big-bushy-beards (the women) nonsense-with-bells-on pagan fertility stuff,* I have taken a picā€¦
Included in it (to give a sense of scale) is my tooth. I know it seems a bit weird keeping it. Itā€™s caused me some pain, and cost me some money, but Iā€™ve grown quite attatched to the little blighter over the years (bit like the cm). ::slight_smile:
Anyway, from one cause of pain to anotherā€¦

[size=8pt]* Oh God! Here we go again - The priory of the Golden Apples - would like to say that whilst it allows free speech amongst its brethren, in no way does it condone this sort of stereotypical view and it is not representative of its attitude to community-cohesion. Men with flowers, and women with beards are welcome at the priory (providing they abstain from the fertility stuff during daylight hours). I think weā€™re even ok about incest (but Iā€™ll have to check).[/size]

I was hoping to see you dressed up in the gear, Rod :smiley:

The shame!
I was watching and barely understanding the tv program Only Connect on brit-tv just now. One team was called the Spaghetti Westerners who were up against a bunch of trainspottersā€¦ and fuck*nā€™ lost.

I trust itā€™s not any of us! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Hey, ainā€™t this where Brother Chris Casey does his reenactment thing?