Talk Whatever

Awesome to hear pal

1 Like

That’s all good news, mate. :+1: These dominant Omicron variants seem to be way more contagious (better at dodging antibodies, it seems) but, luckily, considerably less severe in their symptoms (Omicron doesn’t seem to attack the lungs in the way Alpha and Delta did). That’s not to say that there’s nothing to worry about anymore but there’s certainly some positivity to take from that in the event of catching the bloody thing (for a second or even third time in many cases).

Thinking of you and yours, bud. :pray:

4 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes Asa :smiley:

1 Like

Family COVID Update,

My folks are completely over COVID, and we’re making the slow move out of quarantine. Just giving it an extra day or two. I wonder if I was A-Symptomatic as I never got anything though I did test negative when I did the swab. Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

6 Likes

I’m a little late but glad you’re all doin well! Got into our house back in May, really a bummer to deal with.

1 Like

This week, Enzo G. Castellari will appear at the Octopus Film Festival in Gdańsk, Poland. The program includes a retrospective of his films. There will be Keoma on the big screen. The director will also participate in the show. I cannot attend the festival and I regret it very much :worried:

Link: Enzo G. Castellari - retrospektywa reżysera - Octopus Film Festiwal

3 Likes

Damn!
And I’ll be in Warsaw a week after it finishes. :rage: :angry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I have just tested positive for ‘Covid’ today. I had a tickly cough last night, tested myself, and was negative.

Didn’t sleep well at all…coughing, massive headache, stomach acid and ache etc.

Tested myself again first thing this morning, and it was good that I did, as I was supposed to be helping to man a ‘Community Fridge’ today…and would have been in contact with lots of people.
A real bummer, but just one of those things.

It will give me plenty of quality isolation time to catch up on some serious viewing… :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Unlucky mate. Take good care of yourself. Watch some spaghetti’s with a bowl of warm soup and you’ll be back to good health in no time.

1 Like

Thank you, Max.

Hang in there amigo

1 Like

Thank u, Seb…much appreciated.

Take care of yourself, buddy, and kick this thing to the curb quickly.

1 Like

Get well soon my friend, lucky you checked yourself when you did, don’t want to spread it if you can help it. The worst thing for me when I had it besides the lack of taste sensation was the coughing fits, felt like someone was slapping my chest and back with with wet leather (best way I can describe it). Drink plenty of fluids and spoil yourself on junk and movies. We’re all hoping the best for ya.

1 Like

It’s my twelfth day of having Covid. Feeling a darn sight better now, than I did. Managed today to get out for some fresh air and a very short walk. Still feeling weak, but that could be related to my ‘CFS’ (M.E.).
All in all, I count myself lucky that I’ve gotten off as lightly as I have.

Thank you to all the amigos for their best wishes… :+1:

A friend of mine popped round this morning to deliver two bottles of red vino - to further aid the recovery… :wink:
I’m particularly looking forward to tasting ‘The Man From Nowhere’:cowboy_hat_face:

Hoping to watch a good film later…possibly Steve McQueen’s oft overlooked epic, ‘The Sand Pebbles’ (1966)…

6 Likes

@Phil_H and myself just drank our way through a local saloon after visiting the Bud Spencer Museum

14 Likes

We touched the infamous dune buggy of course…

And now on Netflix (in theaters in Italy):

1 Like

Missed you getting COVID because I haven’t been here for a few weeks but glad you’re okay mate.

2 Likes

Many thanks, Bill Willer.
Tested negative for Covid now, but it has left me feeling pretty tired and washed out.
All the best, and stay well yourself.

5 Likes

Glad your starting to feel better @Toscano, it’s strange how some people get a light dose and others get hit hard, just the way it is unfortunately. That you’re on the mend is a very good sign, just keep the liquids going. Stay strong and positive my friend.

1 Like