SWs you don't like but whose soundtrack you love

Just a random question. I’m interested in hearing what you guys have to say.

For me, it’s Coffin for the Sheriff. The film is kinda boring in my opinion and I also found it idiotic that Shenandoah started asking about the stagecoach robbery right after he joined the gang because it made him look suspicious to the gang.
But I love the soundtrack of the film. Francesco De Masi definitely knew what he was doing. Some of the songs are also included in Red Dead Revolver and it’s always good to hear them while playing.

2 Likes

Morricone’s chasing theme, I call it, i.e. the main theme in A Sky Full Of Stars For A Roof is superb and a bit unusual for him, but the partly lighthearted story makes nowadays only a 5/10-rated SW for me.

2 Likes

I like the film and the soundtrack. The main theme goes hard

1 Like

It’s a very interesting question - because the music is so linked with the style and overall enjoyment, and in many cases raises the film’s production value by a big percentage.

One of the best main themes and soundtracks must be, ‘The Forgotten Pistolero’, but I felt the film wasn’t so great … it starts brilliantly and kind of nose dives into banality. I don’t hate it, but it wouldn’t get much attention if it weren’t for the fabulous music.

2 Likes

I, as I have said many times, would have to disagree with you. The movie keeps the action going while providing and interesting re-telling of Orestes. The finale is one of the most memorable in the genre. But, to each their own. :wink:

While not a typical SW theme song by any means, the title track to Deaf Smith & Johnny Ears worm holes its way into my brain and refuses to leave. And, now that I have thought about the song, it won’t leave my mind for the rest of the evening.

3 Likes

That’s ok!

:wink:

Re - Deaf Smith … yeah, catchy but irritating.

2 Likes

At least half of the westerns Felice di Stefano did the music for fit the description of this topic.

1 Like

Had to look him up :blush: just one of those names that never registered - but at glance I’d agree.

I_love_Cat_Stevens

For me, it’s Coffin for the Sheriff. The film is kinda boring in my opinion and I also found it idiotic that Shenandoah started asking about the stagecoach robbery right after he joined the gang because it made him look suspicious to the gang.
But I love the soundtrack of the film.

I enjoyed Coffin for the Sheriff quite a bit to be honest. Some parts due come off as plot holes, but my enjoyment wasn’t deterred.

Most of Fidani’s films have a much better score (even though he used the same Lallo Gori music cues over and over) than the films themselves.

God’s Gun has a fantastic main theme by Sante Maria Romitelli, but like many else I find the Lee Van Cleef wig too irritating, otherwise I might accept it with a 6/10-rating.

3 Likes