Swedish punk band The Baboon Show releases music video shot at Sad Hill Cemetery

2 Likes

What a crap song!

I feel a little pissed off they were allowed to make their video in this iconic location.

5 Likes

Well, itā€™s not as bad as Swedish punk can get (Ever heard RƤserbajs? or PF Commando? Or Trindeman Lindeman?.) and I donā€™t think people should be banned from shooting a musical video where they please. One could cut fifty music videos of really good songs there as compensation.

I didnā€™t say that ā€¦ I just said it pissed me off that they were there ā€¦ maybe theyā€™re fans of the film, not that I care. In the spirit of ā€˜punkā€™ I feel like telling them to fuck off :wink:

Iā€™m not aware of the other groups you mentioned, but the first thing that struck me about ā€˜The Baboon Showā€™, was how un-punk it sounds ā€¦ itā€™s more like bad middle of the road American soft rock.

2 Likes

And I canā€™t recommend them either. The last one was a joke - Heā€™s actually a fictional character (who plays ā€œPunk Accordionā€) from one of the 500+ improvisational Lindeman sketches by Hans Alfredson, which contains the immortal quote;

-ā€œFuck off!
-Thatā€™s your way to say ā€œwelcomeā€, right?ā€

Although if i charged you with false accusations, I apologize of course.

2 Likes

The Sex Pistols and The Ramones they ainā€™t. :rofl:

1 Like

The whole notion of ā€˜Punkā€™ as a music style or form of political protest, is really a big nonsense - It was a carefully conceived ploy to sell units, the same as any other bands.

Pretending to be anarchists and anti-establishment figures was utter crap ā€¦ even if some members of the bands believed that they were those things ā€¦ but people like Malcolm McLaren (Sex Pistols, Manager) and Johnny Rotten/Lydon provoked the press and general media to cause a stir, designed to offend the conservative majority and attract bored adolescents ā€¦ another case of how do we get the kiddies to spend their pocket money ā€¦ same as it is now, just different tunes or attitudes.

Privately I would be much ruder about a group like ā€˜The Baboon Showā€™ ā€¦ so what the hell, eh! They all look old enough to know better ā€¦ someone in the band might want to look up the word ā€˜Punkā€™, in both itā€™s original and ā€˜musicalā€™ definition. The singerā€™s attempt at looking sexy is laughable and at the same time repulsive ā€¦ she looks like she could do with a good wash and a shot of antibiotics ā€¦ and punk bands donā€™t do frigging guitar solos!!! :wink:

2 Likes