SWDb Spaghetti Western Hall of Fame

Gian Maria Volonte for best actor. Frank Brana for best supporting actor. Chelo Alonso for best supporting actress.

Please read the back pages of this thread. Its obvious that you donā€™t understand the process.

Volonte has already been inducted. This is not for ā€œbest anythingā€. If you are nominating, you can only nominate one. Voting hasnā€™t begun yet. Please review rules and process.

Morgan you can only vote for one person, regardless if he/she was an actor, a director, or whatever relation he/she had with the genre, it could be a Spanish catering Company based in Andaluzia during the SW golden era. Itā€™s not like the Oscars, here thereā€™s only one, after all it was a subgenre.

If you have any doubts about whoā€™s already in the Hall of Fame, check the initial page of the Spaghetti western Database, below the Donate bar, thereā€™s the top 20 and among other icons also the Hall of fame, with all the names which have been already inducted.

I got it all wrong, then. Thank you both for enlightening me.
So I would like to uphold my nomination of Susanna Levy for her strong performance of the role of Suzy Barton in the dark and unusual Lo ammazzĆ² come un caneā€¦ ma lui rideva ancora. (But Iā€™ll shed some tears for Chelo Alonso!)

Thank you Morgan.

So that concludes Nominations. Thanks everybody. Some great candidates this year. Voting will start tomorrow.

SWDB HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2014 OFFICIAL VOTING BALLOT

CANDIDATES:

Arrigo Colombo and Giorgio Papi Producer

Alessandro Alessandroni Composer

Mickey Knox Writer

Michele Lupo Director

Gino Santini Cinematographer

Susanna Levi Actress

Luciano Rossi Supporting Actor

Roberto Camardiel Supporting Actor

Rick Boyd Supporting Actor

Joseph Egger Supporting Actor

INSTRUCTIONS (READ CAREFULLY)

1. Vote for any TWO of the above names above by either replying to this thread or sending me a PM. If you put down more than two names, only the first two will count. If you vote for only one person, that is fine.

2. FIRST BALLOT VOTES: You have the option of putting an asterisk (*) beside one of your votes to indicate a first ballot vote. You can only use ONE first ballot vote. First ballot votes are for candidates you feel especially strong about. First ballot votes are worth 1.5 votes so carry a bit more weight. Use wisely.

3. Please take the time to offer a couple of sentences on why you voted for this person.

4. The two candidates garnering the most votes will be inducted.

5. You cannot change your vote. Once you push that post button, your choices are final. So please think this out carefully and listen to the instructions. You donā€™t want to mess this up. (although Iā€™m sure a couple of you will, at least two of you will fail to read instructions, it happens every year, much to my chagrin)

6. The deadline for voting is November 30th, 2014 at midnight.

7. VOTING BEGINS NOW, have fun.

Joseph Egger *
Alessandro Alessandroni

Roberto Camardiel *
As I have already said, significant contribution to the genre with around 30 SWs: among them three Top 20 films (For a Few Dollars More, The Big Gundown, Django, Kill! If You Live Shoot!) and many roles as heavy drinker but also some serious parts like the above-mentioned very good one in Challenge Of The McKennas.

Rick Boyd
Essential supporting actor with a unique face and around 40 SWs to his credit: I remember him particularly in The Ruthless Four, A Sky Full Of Stars For A Roof, Face to Face, Ace High, Seven Winchesters for a Massacre, Adios Sabata and a couple of Carnimeos.

Boyd
Rossi

Alessandro Alessandroni *

Alessandro Alessandroni
Joseph Egger

Both made a lasting impression and without them the spaghetti western wouldā€™ve been different

Gino Santini
Alessandro Alessandroni

Alessandro Alessandroni - Its a wonder heā€™s not in the HOF already. A legend who contributed so much to the music of SWs.

Mickey Knox* - Wrote the English dialogue for two of the greatest SWs ever made (GBU, OUATITW), coming up with many of the movies more memorable lines and also painstakenly synched the lip movement with the dubbing to make it look natural. Plus he was the producer of Donā€™t Turn the Other Cheek.

Mickey Knox* - wrote the English dialogue for my favourite movie scene of all time (ā€œYou brought two too manyā€)

Ricky Boyd - memorable supporting actor with a great ā€˜villain faceā€™. Excellent in Sky Full of Stars.

Arrigo Colombo and Giorgio Papi* - incredibly significant producers without whom perhaps, A Fistful of Dollars never wouldā€™ve been made and thus provided the financial backing and support for the very fist Spaghetti Western.

Roberto Camardiel - should be in the Hall of Fame just for his great performance in Django Kill! If You Live, Shoot!, but of course he was part of a host of other iconic Spaghetti Westerns as well.

Joseph Egger * .
Alessandro Alessandroni.

Egger defined the supporting character of these films for meā€¦quirky and offbeat.

Alessandroniā€¦the icing on the cake so to speak for many Morricone and the like scores. Also a fine rate composer in his own right.

Alessandro Alessandroni*

Gino Santini

Alessandro Alessandroni*

Colonel already said it - itā€™s a wonder heā€™s not in the SWDB HOF already. THE whistle AND THE guitar of legendary Morriconeā€™s soundtracks are his. Plus he made SW scores of his own.

Especially the morriconesc one for El puro

Obviously