SWDb Spaghetti Western Hall of Fame

I would like to nominate Alessandro Alessandroni.

Yes if two people worked primarily as a duo and their individual credits independent of each other are negligible, I will have them jointly nominated. In 2013 the De Angelis brothers were inducted as a duo in the composer category, so we have a precedent.

Nominating one guy for this year was very hard. At first I was planning on nominating Henry Fonda, but than decided to put my money where my mouth is and nominate a producer, writer or cinematographer.

After hours of research I had 15 candidates and I managed to narrow it down to 4, Bruno Corbucci, Mickey Knox, Carlo Carlini and Sandro Mancori.

At the end I chose Mickey Knox by a hair.

So I nominate Mickey Knox by in the writer’s category.

Nominating one is very hard. At the moment I have narrowed it down to 2. The recently deceased Rik Boyd and the legendary Alessandroni. I’m leaning towards the latter but can’t decide just yet. There are also a few lead actors who probably deserve a place but if we are only nominating one it will probably be one of the these two.

As an aside, I have just added a link to the Hall of Fame page on the Home page. Thought it would be of interest to any new comers to the site and also makes it easier for anyone to find.

[quote=“Phil H, post:924, topic:2068”]Nominating one is very hard. At the moment I have narrowed it down to 2. The recently deceased Rik Boyd and the legendary Alessandroni. I’m leaning towards the latter but can’t decide just yet. There are also a few lead actors who probably deserve a place but if we are only nominating one it will probably be one of the these two.

As an aside, I have just added a link to the Hall of Fame page on the Home page. Thought it would be of interest to any new comers to the site and also makes it easier for anyone to find.[/quote]

Thanks alot for that Phil. titoli has made your life easier as he has already done the deed of nominating Allessandroni, so I’m guessing Rick Boyd is your choice?

So far the nominees are Allessandroni, Mickey Knox, and Colombo and Papi.

Yep. Rik Boyd for me then.

A year be gone yet again …
I’d like to nominate Michele Lupo.

Joseph Egger is the one I nominate.

You can’t nominate yourself, Joseph.
But because you’re you, I take over, and therefore support your nomination:

Joseph Egger, the Prophet.

Cheers :wink: .

Well, this is going to be my first nomination to SWB HF.
The most obvious names of our beloved subgenre are already there, so it was time to think who should I nonimate.

I had three names:
Antonio Sabato;
John Ireland;
and
Gino Santini

Both actors contributed with more or less good acting to the genre, and in the case of Ireland he was one the non European actors with more credits to the genre.

But my vote this year goes to cinemtographer [size=12pt]Gino Santini.[/size]
Image and cinematogrpahy in general, are things I most apreciate in a film so Sabato can wait, maybe I will choose Ireland next year.

He was the cinematographer of one of the most graphic SW ever made Django the Bastard

Here are his SW credits:

1978 La ciudad maldita

1972 Aleluia e Sartana Reis do Gatilho

1972 TrinitĂĄ e Sartana Contra Todos

1970 Shango, la pistola infallibile

1969 Django il bastardo

1969 I vigliacchi non pregano

1968 20.000 dollari sul 7

1968 Giarrettiera Colt

1968 Uno straniero a Paso Bravo

1966 Mil dolares no preto

[size=14pt]Vote GINO[/size]

This question is probably posted in the wrong place, anyway: Many films has the option of giving them a vote from 1 to 5 stars. But there is no “no star” option. Is it to say that if you don’t think a film is worth a star at all, you should just refrain from voting?

Good stuff El Topo!

Morgan to answer your question I guess no stars means you really hate the film but it counts as a vote so it is the equivalent to Roger Ebert used to do no stars and Leonard Maltin had “turkeys”. Hope that answers your question but yeah its not the right section this is about the hall of fame voting.

You have until tommorrow midnight to nominate!

[quote author=Col. Douglas Mortimer link=topic=2340.msg171294#msg171294 date=1415857223]

1. Please refrain from nominating someone who has already been inducted.

How do we know who are already inducted? Anyway, Nora Orlandi for best composer, Susanna Levi for best actress, Franco Solinas for best writer, all of them probably already inducted.

I vote for Gino :smiley:

[quote=“morgan, post:935, topic:2068”]6. Please refrain from nominating someone who has already been inducted.

How do we know who are already inducted? Anyway, Nora Orlandi for best composer, Susanna Levi for best actress, Franco Solinas for best writer, all of them probably already inducted.[/quote]

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/SWDB_Hall_of_Fame

Orlandi and Solinas are already inducted but not Susanna Levi. Do you want to nominate her?

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:937, topic:2068”]SWDB Hall of Fame - The Spaghetti Western Database

Orlandi and Solinas are already inducted but not Susanna Levi. Do you want to nominate her?[/quote]
Yes, for one of the strongest female parts in SW in Lo ammazzò come un cane… ma lui rideva ancora.

supporting actor: Luciano Rossi

Roberto Camardiel for his important contribution to the genre, including an excellent dark side revealed for instance in Challenge of McKenna.