SWDb September recap

Welcome to the September 2021 newsletter from in and around the Spaghetti Western Database, your regular newsletter of what happened last month.

Background: These recaps are posted in the Newsletter category of our forums, which is set up so that everyone is watching that category for new topics by default (you can opt out by clicking the “bell” icon :bell: at the top right corner of that category). So you should have been notified of this announcement with the little notification dot in the forums itself - or via email :mailbox_with_mail:, if you weren’t currently logged in. This is our new :incoming_envelope: newsletter and it is tied into our community. Contact us if you have any questions or problems receiving this newsletter.

:newspaper: NEW STUFF IN AND AROUND THE SWDB IN :spiral_calendar: SEPTEMBER 2021:

1. :film_strip: The SWDb needs YOU!
    We are constantly looking for better versions of posters, lobby cards, still images or other pictures. We are also looking for reviews of films not reviewed yet, missing information, corrections to wrong information, director, writer or producer spotlight articles, information on soundtrack releases and so much more. The SWDb is what you make of it, please help us improve it, every bit helps! Email us, join as an editor, post in the forums. Together we can make the SWDb even greater.
    :arrow_right: Ways to contribute
    :arrow_right: We picked THE MOMENT TO KILL as our September movie of the month. Please help us add information, pictures, links and more to flesh out the information the SWDb can offer on this film. Join this topic to help us do something with it :slight_smile:

2. :dvd: New and upcoming discs: September was in no way a slow month in terms of BluRay and DVD news. The calendar got updated almost daily, and if you have a look at it you will notice that we also improved the usability a bit. See little icons below covers now that indicate media format, country and whether it’s aplain re-release. A lot of titles have re-shuffled, some were added and there were some surprises!
    The September highlight is Explosive Media’s release of May God Forgive You, I Won’t, but there is so much more forthcoming. October for example will see new releases of Ben and Charlie, The Ugly Ones and the Sabata Trilogy. November and December will make you drool - but we are certain that more titles have yet to be announced. So check it out:
    :calendar: Visit the SWDb home video release calendar

3. :microphone: The the great podcast that @Tom_B and @spaghetti_westerns keeps on riding with great special guests all throughout this season! Catch up on the episodes in the archive on Facebook and Youtube, you’ll find the links and much more in our shownotes. And hopefully you will tune in live tomorrow because I will be on the show telling all about the SWDb.
    :arrow_right: Click here to check out the show archive and show notes
    :arrow_right: The podcast’s official Facebook page (do follow!) and YouTube channel (do subscribe!)

4. :funeral_urn: Our head of obits, @Tom_B had to update the boot hill cemetery with 13 new obituaries. Rest in peace.
    :arrow_right: Check out “Cemetery with crosses”

5. :balance_scale: One new review was published. Please contact us: we are always looking for more reviews, especially of those spaghetti westerns where the SWDb doesn’t have them yet. And we welcome reviews of all lengths and in all languages!
    :arrow_right: Sabata review
    on Nischenkino (in German) reviews of: Sartana is Coming, May God Forgive You, But I Won’t and a German translation of my review of the book Morricone - In his own words.

Many thanks to all and everyone who contributed this month, in the SWDb proper, here in the forums, everyone who has emailed us, shared our posts on social media, listened in on the podcast or donated a few bucks our way. See you next month with a roundup of updates. We wish you the happiest new year and hope you check in regularly, discuss, spread the word and contribute.

silenzio

Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3Bk690b

…and follow us if you’re on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SWdatabase

1 Like

I will watch. I promise.

Hi, fellows! This is wonderful news! Does anyone know when restored director’s cuts of “A Bullet For Sandoval” (1969) and “My Name Is Nobody” (1974) will be released? Also, is Marco Ferreri’s “Ne Touche Pas Femme Blanc” (1974) a spaghetti western, and is it available in the form its director intended it to be shown?