SWDb General Maintenance: Corrections, Maintenance and Development [Feedback and Requests]

Why am I seeing some old topics as the most recent ones?

1 Like

I have no idea, a short time ago I recategorized many other topics and thankfully in the vast majority of cases this has not happened.

Apparently, only the threads with 0 replies were affected by this problem.

for example? other reasons for topics being bumped are: mergers, title updates, recategorizations, edits. But that happens not a whole lot oftenā€¦

Looks like this

If you open some of the suspicious ones youā€™ll see. The Plaza de Tores one for example must have been recategorized, which makes it recently upgraded and it gets bumpedā€¦

1 Like

Apart from adding a bunch of other stuff, Iā€™ve just revised the picture sections of the Leone SWDb entries.

There is still a lot of room for improvement, especially as far as lobby cards are concerned, but at least the pages donā€™t look so forlorn now.

Needless to say, if you have access to any Leone posters or lobby cards or whatever and are able to digitize them in hi res, please be so kind as to send them over to @Admin or to post it ITT.

1 Like

Very good point. Images is a weak spot of the SWDb, most often a google search yields better results. Also I wonder if we should use the options to display these, with a mouse over of the descriptions

1 Like

I think the SWDb looks pretty good now in this regard, particularly when it comes to lesser-known titles, that being said, some of the Corbuccis and especially the Leoneā€™s outings could use some more image content.

And while there is some good stuff online, a lot of it is still fairly low-res. Surprisingly enough, I couldnā€™t find a lot of Italian fotobustas for the Leone westerns, kind of puzzling. Well, maybe next time.

So another area of improvement are the ā€œexternal linksā€ sections. Lots of outdated broken links, but we could also provide more value by adding much more high quality links to external reviews and articles we know ofā€¦

Which other areas of the SWDb should have a direct access from the main menu?

I still think its a travesty that Mark Damon and Craig Hill have not yet been entered into the hall of fame. Also I donā€™t see George Eastman on either supporting or leading list.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2019/2020 Improvement Mission

Where do we stand with that, we need some more reviewers!

Another that lacks a review that I watched recently is El Llanero aka The Jaguar. I was thinking of writing a review for it over the next few weeks and I could then, when time permits, get to Giarrettiera Colt (what a sacrifice - to have to re-watch a Nicoletta Machiavelli movie), and Reverendo Colt as well.

1 Like

I would like to try to write a review. I have to look which movie I can find in acceptable quality and English language.

On the main desktop site, hovering over the navigation tabs (Menu, Community etc) no longer open the tabs, I have to click on them to open them. Also, none of the links work so I canā€™t open the forum etc. The rest of the links on the page work fine.

Have deleted cached data, deleted cookies and restarted PC.

Not sure if this is from the update or if itā€™s just on my end but Iā€™ll update you if it starts working again.

Thanks, found the problem and was able to solve it. Can you check again?

Fixed :+1:

1 Like

I like to watch La Lunga cavalcata della vendetta (Deadly Trackers) and then write a review.