SW related rumors and information that turned out to be false or don't have reliable sources

Let’s collect and share gossip, drama, rumors and other information that was later revealed to be false or haven’t been able to be proven due to lack of unreliable sources. This thread isn’t meant to idolize spreading false information and making stupid @ss lies. Instead, I made this thread so we could discuss these things and share actual facts instead.

Someone on a YouTube comment section said that Jack Palance was abusive towards his wives. I think it was one of those clickbaity “Tragic life and death of [actor]” videos, so the source was already unreliable. I did some research and couldn’t find any evidence on the claim, so I believe, and truly hope, that it’s not true.

Wasn’t Peter Lee Lawrence’s death rumored to be a suicide or due to a brain tumor for a long time until his wife stepped up and said that in reality, he had died of stomach problems?

In 2010, a rumor started to spread online that George Hilton had died, so he had to film a video to his friends and fans where he explained that it’s just a hoax and he’s alive. George Hilton really died on 28th of July 2019. May he rest in peace.
Here’s a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVHoDH-eKdI

2 Likes