SW characters you wish had more films

Let’s dream of Spaghs that could’ve happened.

I love the Cat Stevens & Hutch Bessy trilogy and wish there were more films of them. Cat is my favorite SW protagonist and I love Hutch so much too.

Maybe more Trinity movies too. I love Terence Hill and Bud Spencer a little too much :sweat_smile:

Maybe A Day of Anger 2 where Scott Mary has settled down somewhere but has to start shooting again.

Apocalypse Joe 2 is what I want too.

Sequel to They Call Him Cemetery. Cemetery is such a cool dude, I would have loved to see more of him.

Another film with Blondie and Tuco. Why not a whole another The Man With No Name film? Or make Tuco a series.

How about some cool villain movies? Something like the origins of Frank from OUATITW would be a cool concept. Or The Great Silence but from the perspective of El Tigre an his gang. And then years later, some kid from the snowy town has grown up and goes after those guys

6 Likes

That’s a cool idea you have there @I_love_Cat_Stevens,

An origin story for Frank of OUATITW would be a cool film for sure. I’d be interested in an origin story for Jonathan Corbett of The Big Gundown too.

A proper origin for the Franco Nero Django would’ve been interesting as well.

For a while there was talk of a sequel to GBU with Tuco going after Blondie’s son, but nothing ever materialized.

Not a fan of Terence Hill I have to admit, but his early SW work is worth watching, and definitely worthy of continuation.

3 Likes

Garter Colt

4 Likes

I’d like to have seen Blindman as a recurring character, doing Zatoichi-esque adventures.

5 Likes

I might be in the minority here but I would love to have seen another Hank “Lanky” Fellows movie.

Colonel Douglas Mortimer (and not just a variation of the character) could have been the lead in a movie or two (back me up here @NeedleFork :wink:)

5 Likes

Oh you know I will! :+1: :tada:
I’m definately with team “more Mortimer content” :heart:

(…But now that I say that, I think It would be with a heavy heart watching a modern film with Mortimer played by someone else than Lee :blush:)

5 Likes

Oh no! No modern adaptation. We are going old school with LVC playing the character back in the day or no one at all. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I 2nd on Lanky Fellow as a recurring character in other films. Craig Hill was very good in the part and how the film ends does suggest he was heading off on another adventure.

2 Likes

How could I have forgotten about Garter Colt, she definitely deserved more films.

4 Likes

Actually a story more or few about Lanky would actually been cool. He’s definitely one of the more interesting spaghetti western anti-heroes.

In reply to the topic at hand, I would’ve said Sartana but there’s five of those, ha. I think that’s enough and I love those films.

But yeah I can agree with what the others have said here.

3 Likes

There are a few existing sequels I’d like better if the original actor had returned or they were more in line with the original.

Would have liked to have seen Robert Woods return in the second MacGregors film, as well as Giuliano Gemma in Arizona Colt Returns.

A proper Django sequel with Franco in a western setting instead of playing Rambo in the jungle.

And maybe a follow up to Keoma instead of Jonathan of the Bears.

5 Likes

I’d really want more cool villain movies. I want prequels with Mendez from The Hills Run Red.

3 Likes

I have a vague memory that Tuco was in at least one of the Dollars sequel novels. A Dollar to Die For Maybe?

2 Likes

I would have loved something along the lines of ‘Destroy All Monsters’, but with Italian western gunslingers and heroes. With Django, Ringo, Santana, Sabata, Cuchillo and so on. All played by the original actors of course. I guess it’d be more like ‘The Magnificent Seven’ but with all these legendary characters.

4 Likes

That sounds like it would be awesome! Knowing how those types of movies usually turn out it probably wouldn’t end up being a good film, but it would still be so awesome to see all of them together in one film

3 Likes

I agree it probably wouldn’t be some groundbreaking film, but if all the actors reprised their roles and a competent director helmed it, it would definitely be fun or at least better than than the Django/Sartana flicks.

2 Likes

Yes, he was. Good memory there, Phil.

4 Likes