SW Bible: The Fast the Saved and The Damned

Which caption do you speak of?

Do you mean the on screen message Not For Sale… when you select English audio with no subtitles ?

Yes.

If you go into chapters (usually chapter one of course if you want to view the whole film), then select english audio and no subtitles via your dvd player remote control as the film starts to play.This works for me with my Sony DVD player and get no onscreen message. May not work for others.

Others I have just copied the films without the menu’s etc and this has enabled me to get rid of forced messages or subtitles.

I got one of the discs so far from Netflix, and they look like bad DVDrips, Price of Power looks lke the Shoarma Release (or a badly ripped SPO not sure) and They Call Me Cemetery is from the Franco Cleef fandub with a notable loss of quality and same old poor audio…

Never thought I would see the day when a Franco Cleef dvd r gets the dvd pressed treatment.

I bet FC is steaming

I’m not touching this pile of garbage, got all the originals anyway

Some of the films from the Sartana set were also FC jobs…

Btw, does VideoAsia really own the rights to these films?

I highly doubt it

VideoAsia releases spags outside of their collections also… they are all garbage as well

Yes :wink: . Speaking of Franco Cleef… he does not seem to have had any projects out in a while. His stuff used to be sold at The Drive In Connection which is now closed.

Not according to Eric from Wild East. Eric has posted comments on the old Spaghetti Western Web Board in the past about VideoAsia.

I guess they are decent collections for newer collectors that want to pick all the titles up cheaply… but I don’t feel its worth it in the long run. They compress 2 films down to one disc, after doing all kinds of conversions to them, and manage to fuck them all up as well… Like Viva Django had audio on only the left channel

I just don’t see any point in getting these sets when there’s so many other options for getting the films… I especially would not buy the sets and support this company. Get them as a rental or trade…

That sucks, Drive In Connection was a pretty good resource. Plus they had the FC’s, though i still recommend dealing directly with Franco.

I wonder if FC is getting frustrated and taking a break or just out of material to work with

I always wonder how he gets his videos for projects

Is this box out already?
The one I’m particularly curious about is Requiem for a Bounty Killer. I only know of the Greek vhs. A better print, without subs, would be appreciated. But I wouldn’t be surprised when they have used that Greek vhs as a master.

Yes it is out… maybe Rififii can help us out on that question

As for The Beast, I’m wondering what version they’ve used for this also. Recently a better looking version has popped up that will at some time in the future be used as a fan dub… wondering if by some chance they already got one for it

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:34, topic:1883”]Is this box out already?
The one I’m particularly curious about is Requiem for a Bounty Killer. I only know of the Greek vhs. A better print, without subs, would be appreciated. But I wouldn’t be surprised when they have used that Greek vhs as a master.[/quote]

I watched this for the first time recently & was quite disappointed. And the Elvis impersonator with zero acting talent was really annoying.

As far as this set goes, I think that all the films will be from the same versions that we have seen. I’ve got a feeling they are just downloading them from our favourite torrent site.

Yes I’ve got the same feeling about some of the titles. Particularly after a couple of the titles on the Sartana set

[quote=“Ming, post:37, topic:1883”]I watched this for the first time recently & was quite disappointed. And the Elvis impersonator with zero acting talent was really annoying.

As far as this set goes, I think that all the films will be from the same versions that we have seen. I’ve got a feeling they are just downloading them from our favourite torrent site.[/quote]
Well I’ll have to go on buying, downloading doesn’t work at all for me.

Yes, they included Eugenio Martin’s The Bounty Killer instead of Requiem…bummer, same Marketing release…