SW Bargain Thread

DVDPacific is having some sort of sale at the moment. Among other stuff you can get Dorado Film’s Gatling Gun for just under $10:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=1865980

spaghetti western bible vol 4 comes out later this month? i know it is available from amazon.com for pre-order

I just ordered these two sets for just a few dollars (somewhat less than a fistful). Links to Amazon UK & USA:

Gunslinger Western Collection

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ID097Q

Vigilane Western Collection

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ID097G

They’re a surprisingly good selection for a bargain set (including Keoma, Blindman, Sartana, Run Man Run, Stranger’s Gundown, God Said to Cain, Shanghai Joe, Four of the Apocalypse). If they’re good quality, I will definitely add them to the Cheap Box Sets page on the database.

‘Drei Kugeln für Ringo’ has minimal price of EUR 6.97 at Amazon.de :wink: .

Just ordered
DJANGO • SARTANA • RINGO - Spaghetti-Heroes
from http://tele-movie-shop.de/ for only 11,99 EUR
Get it while the getting is good 8)

[quote=“Sanjuro, post:65, topic:955”]I just ordered these two sets for just a few dollars (somewhat less than a fistful). Links to Amazon UK & USA:

Gunslinger Western Collection

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ID097Q

Vigilane Western Collection

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ID097G

They’re a surprisingly good selection for a bargain set (including Keoma, Blindman, Sartana, Run Man Run, Stranger’s Gundown, God Said to Cain, Shanghai Joe, Four of the Apocalypse). If they’re good quality, I will definitely add them to the Cheap Box Sets page on the database.[/quote]

A couple of the movies are decent quality but most of them are grainy and out of focus.

I’ve just ordered “Dead Or Alive Western Collection” by the same company (popflix), mostly for “Black Killer”. I’ll give a run down to the quality of the films when I get it.
I’ve got a few of these types of DVD sets in my collection, SW Bible, Mill Creek 20 etc… Usually the films are as good as VHS rips, sometimes much better. Certainly worth the money until a proper DVD release becomes available imo.

edit : oops just realised I’ve already got “Black Killer”, was thinking the movie was “Black Jack” :-[

[quote=“Provvidenza, post:69, topic:955”]I’ve just ordered “Dead Or Alive Western Collection” by the same company (popflix), mostly for “Black Killer”. I’ll give a run down to the quality of the films when I get it.
I’ve got a few of these types of DVD sets in my collection, SW Bible, Mill Creek 20 etc… Usually the films are as good as VHS rips, sometimes much better. Certainly worth the money until a proper DVD release becomes available imo.

edit : oops just realised I’ve already got “Black Killer”, was thinking the movie was “Black Jack” :-[[/quote]

I just ordered this as well. I haven’t seen any of the films on it. Can’t wait to get it!

[quote=“Provvidenza, post:69, topic:955”]I’ve just ordered “Dead Or Alive Western Collection” by the same company (popflix), mostly for “Black Killer”. I’ll give a run down to the quality of the films when I get it.

edit : oops just realised I’ve already got “Black Killer”, was thinking the movie was “Black Jack” :-[[/quote]
I got black jack on dvdr, have yet to see it heard good things about it!

does anybody know which films are on this dvd set:

Cheeky ripped off title there from Mill Creek
Here’s the titles list they give for it on their website

Beyond the Law
Four Dollars of Revenge
God’s Gun
Grand Duel
Great Adventure, The
His Name Was King…
It Can Be Done Amigo
Jesse and Lester
Johnny Yuma
Last Gun, The
Now They Call Him Sacramento
Seven Guns for Timothy

A mix of previously released stuff from them and some different titles too it would seem.
Quality will be a mixed bag I expect.

Notice they are also releasing this 44 movie set at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=826831070988&x=14&y=18

Here’s the title list:

3 Bullets for Ringo
And God Said To Cain
Apache Blood
Ben and Charlie
Between God, the Devil and a Winchester
Beyond the Law
Boot Hill
Challenge to White Fang
China 9, Liberty 37
Dead For A Dollar
Dead Men Don’t Make Shadows
Death Rides a Horse
Deserter, The
Django Kills
Django vs. Sartana
Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe, The
Find a Place to Die
Fistful of Lead
Four of the Apocalypse
Four Rode Out
Grand Duel
Great Adventure, The
Hate Thy Neighbor
His Name Was King…
If You Meet Sartana, Pray For Death
It Can Be Done Amigo
Jesse and Lester
Johnny Yuma
Keoma
Kid Vengeance
Man from Nowhere
Manhunt, The
Mannaja
Minnesota Clay
Price of Power, The
Run, Man, Run
Strangers Gundown, The
Sundance and the Kid
They Call Him Cemetery
This Man Can’t Die
Trinity and Sartana
Unholy Four, The
White Comanche
White Fang and the Hunter

I find the above list quite interesting.
About a dozen of those titles have been released at some time or another by Wild East. A handful by VCI plus a few Franco Cleefs. What chance they are lifted direct from them I wonder?
But also, the previous Blue Underground titles are all there too. (Keoma, Mannaja, Run Man Run, Django Kill). Are they public domain now or have Mill Creek bought the rights from them?
For my part there are only a few titles I’d like so buying the whole set is pointless. Would like to know about the quality of the White Fang titles though. The only release of White Fang and the Hunter I know of currently is the German only one. A decent english friendly version of that would be of interest.

[quote=“Phil H, post:75, topic:955”]I find the above list quite interesting.
About a dozen of those titles have been released at some time or another by Wild East. A handful by VCI plus a few Franco Cleefs. What chance they are lifted direct from them I wonder?
But also, the previous Blue Underground titles are all there too. (Keoma, Mannaja, Run Man Run, Django Kill). Are they public domain now or have Mill Creek bought the rights from them?
For my part there are only a few titles I’d like so buying the whole set is pointless. Would like to know about the quality of the White Fang titles though. The only release of White Fang and the Hunter I know of currently is the German only one. A decent english friendly version of that would be of interest.[/quote]
i have both franco cleefs white fang and challenge to white fang both very good quality, i would like to see mr cleef do white fang and the hunter. i really love the white fang movies. i have a vhs rip of the film very bad quality

That is some long list of titles !, will be interesting re the quality though. Probably a mixed bag as usual :wink: .

The one good thing about these Pop Flix and Mill Creek sets that makes them better than the Video Asia ones are that at least they’re not double-sided discs.

you are right about that, but you still get a bang for your buck with all these sets.

[quote=“Phil H, post:74, topic:955”]Notice they are also releasing this 44 movie set at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=826831070988&x=14&y=18

Here’s the title list:

3 Bullets for Ringo
And God Said To Cain
Apache Blood
Ben and Charlie
Between God, the Devil and a Winchester
Beyond the Law
Boot Hill
Challenge to White Fang
China 9, Liberty 37
Dead For A Dollar
Dead Men Don’t Make Shadows
Death Rides a Horse
Deserter, The
Django Kills
Django vs. Sartana
Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe, The
Find a Place to Die
Fistful of Lead
Four of the Apocalypse
Four Rode Out
Grand Duel
Great Adventure, The
Hate Thy Neighbor
His Name Was King…
If You Meet Sartana, Pray For Death
It Can Be Done Amigo
Jesse and Lester
Johnny Yuma
Keoma
Kid Vengeance
Man from Nowhere
Manhunt, The
Mannaja
Minnesota Clay
Price of Power, The
Run, Man, Run
Strangers Gundown, The
Sundance and the Kid
They Call Him Cemetery
This Man Can’t Die
Trinity and Sartana
Unholy Four, The
White Comanche
White Fang and the Hunter[/quote]
thanks for the info Phil H :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, for sure, don’t get me wrong, my Sartana Saga set by Video Asia is one of my favs of my collection.

And with the not bad prices of these box sets…we may gain some more spaghetti fans.