Straight to Hell (Alex Cox/1987)

I found this clip from this film and it made me curious. I have also read that it is supposed to be re-make of Django Kill!. Has anyone seen it? I don’t know if it’s a real western since it’s about some punk-rockers and stuff but that’s the way with Cox-films I guess.

I seen it and was pleasently surprised,just go in to it expecting it to be “kooky” .its modern day but filled with spag west references. .appearances by dennis hopper,jim jarmusch,courtney love,joe strummer,elvis costello,and more whom i’ve forgotten.basically 4 bank robbers escape to a strange border town with two rival factions ala fistful of dollars ,violence meyhem and weirdness ensue.i recommend a viewing.

I absolutely love this movie. I do get the hate for this movie… It seems silly at times.
But most of Alex Cox movies are crazy…

& yes, it is a lot like Django Kill, which is one of Cox’s favorite SW’s.

This movie speaks a lot about america.
Here’s a nice essay on Alex Cox, scroll down to the Straight To Hell section

[quote=“genesis_pig, post:3, topic:533”]I absolutely love this movie. I do get the hate for this movie… It seems silly at times.
But most of Alex Cox movies are crazy…

& yes, it is a lot like Django Kill, which is one of Cox’s favorite SW’s.

This movie speaks a lot about america.
Here’s a nice essay on Alex Cox, scroll down to the Straight To Hell section
http://www.sensesofcinema.com/2008/great-directors/alex-cox/[/quote]

Can’t go wrong with Straight to Hell, Elvis Costello, The Pogues, Joe Strummer, all in the Ameria Sun, great film, I like all Cox films except Sid and Nancy

Haven’t seen Sid & Nancy…
Plan to watch it this week.

El Topo, what’s your say on Walker… it’s one of my personal favorite.

[quote=“genesis_pig, post:5, topic:533”]Haven’t seen Sid & Nancy…
Plan to watch it this week.

El Topo, what’s your say on Walker… it’s one of my personal favorite.[/quote]

Yeah mine also. Great film based in true events, Ed Harris is just perfect, and a very intelligent film, avoids to be a simple and pure political panflet, by telling the story on the view of all parts, its just much more than that.
Cox always managed to do some great films even after his two great ones Repoman (antecipating the X-files and Tarantino) and Walker, films like El Patrollero, Death and the Compass, even The Winner are quality cinema.

I haven’t seen all of his works… Though I plan to very soon.
Also excited to see what Searchers 2.0 is all about.

Found an unproduced screenplay on his official website to a movie based on Che Guevara.