Storing blu rays together with dvds?

I put mine alphabetically (with a few exceptions have some numerically) and in their labels.

According to labels would be fine if it weren’t that I own many discs where they are the only title I have from that particular label.

Do you keep your wildeasts numerical? I want to keep my dvds alphabetical but the wildeast poses a quandry.

Do you keep your wildeasts numerical?

I do.

Oh, I do that all the time! I mean it’s rare that I’ll pay full price for a title about which I’m completely in the dark, but sometimes I’ll cough up for a movie I’m pretty confident will be a bit of me. TV shows too - Just bought the complete Battlestar Galactica (at a bargain £30!), I’ve never seen an episode. Only just finished watching The Sopranos from start to finish, I’d bought it years ago though and it just sat patiently on the shelf. Same with The Wire earlier in 2013. I’ve got a fat list of movies which I own but have yet to watch. Admittedly, the vast majority of those movies are pre-owned titles I picked up for maybe £1/£2 each, so I thought they were worth the punt. And of course I’ve got a pile of as-yet-unseen Spags sat in amongst box sets I had to buy in order to secure the opportunity to watch the films!

I’m guilty of that, too. I don’t know how much money I’ve wasted on films I end up despising. But I suppose it’s all worth it when you find that hidden gem.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:22, topic:3309”]According to labels would be fine if it weren’t that I own many discs where they are the only title I have from that particular label.

Do you keep your wildeasts numerical? I want to keep my dvds alphabetical but the wildeast poses a quandry.[/quote]Yeah my Wildeast discs are numerical, the only other ones I have numerical are the BFI Flipside releases.

I tend to keep all my releases grouped by releasing company, if I have several. Koch, NEW, Wild East, Grindhouse, Blue Underground, Shriek Sho, etc.

Also by director, and if they are part of a series like the Dollars films.

Otherwise, just willy nilly for the most part.

On my computer, its all by genre or director.

I usually have mine grouped by either director or just genre and of course series of films always in one place. <3 OCD. lol

I’ve got a moderately small DVD collection (no blus yet), only a few shelves, and this keeps my purchases slim (matching my wallet). I only but now to work on completing my R1/0 collection of spags and polizios, but if I get gifted DVDs (as often happens ::slight_smile: ) I’ll hold onto them. I’ve got mine all sorted alphabetically with my spags and poliziotteschi separate. I’ve got those all sorted alphabetically even my WE. What really irks me is the numbering system they use for their spines and covers; they’re different :o ! And since I don’t have a complete WE collection and probably never will, I just go by the first spine title. Find it easier to remember anyways. Also have a list on Google Drive I can pull up on my phone where I’ve put down all my films and box sets so I can check see if I have some title or another! Also useful for when I go off to college to keep track of what’s mine so my brothers don’t decide to walk off with some :wink:

I keep my Blus seperate from ym DVDs and try to list all chronologically, divided by (main) country of origin (which can be hard as fuck, when there are 3, 4 or even 10 countries as co-producers) - but my spaghetti westerns are the only “genre” that has a shelf all by itself. ;D I guess there have to be exceptions for everything.