Stand alone discs of Koch Sollima boxed set?

I quote the interview:

Ulrich Bruckner: “The three Sollima Westerns will definitely be available on single-discs, possibly in spring 2007.”

It is already september. I am waiting for any news on this. Has there been a delay in releasing stand alone discs of the sollima set or have plans been canceled?

I can’t wait to get single discs of The Big Gundown (of which I already have the excellent Franco Cleef version) and Face to Face. I don’t care so much for Run, Man, Run which is why I’m holding out for single releases instead of getting the boxed set.

well they’ve just relaunched their series (the discs are numbered) so at some point those will be released

Thanks for the reply Sebastian. Hopefully it will come out sooner than later!

Don’t forget that you get a bonus disc with extra stuff + a small hardcover italo western reference book in the boxed set + it looks beautiful on the shelf along side your Koch Media Halleluja and Django box sets :slight_smile:

Do yourself a favor: Forget about saving the extra 10 euro and go out and buy the damn box set. It’s worth every cent.

Yes, the box is incredible. Without doubt a highligh of ever collection. I never understood why so many people complained about not having any relases of those films when this box is available.

Speaking of Koch Media and their box sets, I just ordered my first one, the Halleluja box set! Looking forward to getting it (since I haven’t seen any of those films yet…)

Flynn

it’s a nice box (see review in the database) but personally, I just don’t like those comedy westerns too much…

To me first Hallelujah film and They Call him Cemetary are among the best comedic spags. Not pure comedy but good mixture of action and funny stuff.

Bought them on a whim. I like Garko a lot so I thought I’d check out the set (since it had Cemetery in it.)

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. At least not with They Call Him Cemetary. Yes, there is perhaps a little too much comedy ( though i didn’t find any of it annoying), but it’s one of Garko’s best performances (IMO). The interactions between his and William Berger’s character are just spot on. In fact Berger’s amoral and world weary Duca is a fantastic character…some of his dialogue is priceless, as are his expressions. And the relationship between Garko’s character and the two brothers never gets mushy. Be interested to know how you find it :wink:

I agree, completely, with Silver on CEMETERY! Plus…the music by Bruno Nicolai is outstanding!

[quote=“AvatarDK, post:4, topic:707”]Don’t forget that you get a bonus disc with extra stuff + a small hardcover italo western reference book in the boxed set + it looks beautiful on the shelf along side your Koch Media Halleluja and Django box sets :slight_smile:

Do yourself a favor: Forget about saving the extra 10 euro and go out and buy the damn box set. It’s worth every cent.[/quote]

I’ll definitely take that under consideration. Perhaps I should by the box set afterall. But I think a single release will probably contain the features for that particular movie that is found on the extra disc in the box set. I heard the book is cool but unfortunately I don’t speak german.

Thanks for the recommendations, Chris, Silver and Bill. I’m looking forward to it. Rick (Franco Cleef) is really to blame for turning me into a Garko fan when he recommended Light the Fuse to me. I’ve liked the guy ever since.

My German is pretty terrible but i love the book anyway, because it has got lots of interesting pics and information that can be understood without knowing German (run times, cast etc.). So recommend you to buy it, you won’t be disappointed.

Of course. Forgot to mention that OST. As soon as the film had ended i was online ordering the cd!

The stand-alone disc of Koch’s Big Gundown has new Menus and SLIGHTLY improved picture quality. I can confirm this after I’ve seen a screenshot comparison at cinefacts.de

I will post a review soon

And just to update on the previous conversation in the thread, I now own the Django and Hallelujah boxed sets from Koch and will be getting the Big Gundown hopefully soon!

I just posted my review, english translation will take a little

… time?

basically. but also a little self-ass-kicking :wink: