Special Screening Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) at Pickwick Theatre

Hello Everyone,

Yes, it is true I am new to this form and this amazing database site. I was looking for people who where like minded who care about all westerns and who have a fondness of Spaghetti Westerns and I was lucky and found all of you. I know that for some of you this will be a welcome surprise.

I work to help run a once a month classic movie series in an old art deco movie palace. Every now and again we show westerns to very happy audiences and we always have a nice crowd (we average 500+ a night.) In September 2016 we screened “The Searchers” and had Lana Wood as our guest.

Our next show is coming very soon. We’re screening “Once Upon a Time in the West” on January 12, 2017. We always give our screenings the Red Carpet treatment and dress up for the occasion. We highly encourage people to get into the spirit of the film. The doors will open at 6 and admission is only $10. We have Chicago’s foremost theatre organist Jay Warren perform pre-show music on the Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Organ at 6:30 and then the presentation begins at 7. We’d love to see you come out and support this great film and all the fine actors who made it the classic it is.

Yours sincerely,
Grace Rellie

P.S. If you come, please let us know you are a member of this site. We’d love to talk to you.

For more info please check out our website: parkridgeclassicfilm.com

or follow us on Facebook: @Pickwick Classic Film Series

2 Likes

Blimmin’ 'eck! I’d have loved to be there for that one! I have such an affection for this film…and I’ve even thought of buying the Alan Le May book, that the film was based on…

All these years, seeing Alan Le May in the opening credits, and it never clicked that this classic John Wayne 1956 epic, was based on a book! I think I’ll buy it…

Are you screening a 35mm print? Unfortunately, I don’t live anywhere in the vicinity, but am just curious.

Exhaustive, well-researched and entertaining: Glenn Frankel’s book The Searchers: The Making of an American Legend (review by J. Hoberman).

Many thanks for that info…I’ve been checking it out on ‘Amazon.UK’, and it looks pretty good, to me…

I think I’ll order the hardback edition, along with the original Alan Le May classic novel, ‘The Searchers’.

Another one that looks like it may be worth buying, is:
‘Company of Heroes: My Life as an Actor in the John Ford Stock Company’ (Paperback,7 Dec 2013 ), by
Harry Carey Jr.
It revolves around the comradeship, and bonds, formed by Film Director, John Ford’s troupe of actors and other crew members; namely Harry Carey Jr,; John Wayne, Ward Bond, etc. The more I find out about this title, is the closer it’s getting to ending up in my ‘Amazon’ basket!

1 Like