Spagvemberfest 2022 - the legend continues

Thank you, Amigo. Much appreciated. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one!

I am so sorry to hear that. To your brother.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry about your brother amigo, cancer is a wicked thing

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss, I canā€™t even imagine the pain of loosing a sibling.
I agree, we raise a glass today for your brother :heart:

2 Likes

Thank u, amigos, for you best wishesā€¦truly appreciated.

Such a great bunch of companeros on this siteā€¦ :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

My condolences, friend, I hope you have yourself a great night. To your brother.

2 Likes

#4 Ferroni: One Silver Dollar
-Average but enjoyable Gemma film. Itā€™s funny that probably almost half of the filmā€™s running time takes place in that one shack/deserted farm. 6/10

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss, Tosc. Iā€™ll be raising a glass to you and yours this evening, sir. :heartbeat:

2 Likes

DAY 4

My little girl drew no.25 today, which means One After Another (Nostro, 1968), in which a bespectacled Richard Harrison turns into the embodiment of death and despatches every Mexican in North America. Well, a fair few of them, anyway.

Not watched this one in awhile, I think, but I always enjoy it whenever I decide to give it a go.

9 Likes

My condolences. Take care.

1 Like

DAY 4:

Amico mio, frega tuā€¦ che frego io! (1973) - Director: Demofilo Fidani - 3/10

Oddly enough, I found it to be mostly tolerable possibly by reason of having seen it right after Fat Brothers of Trinity and Once Upon a Time in the Wild, Wild West, so my tolerance for digesting this sort of dreck had been built up considerably. That is not to say the comedy here is of any significant merit or particularly dignified as such, but it is quirky in the Fidanesque kind of way and has a core storyline to latch on to, so it does not meander wholly aimlessly with no focal point to ground the narrative in, however sparse the narrative focus becomes in the second half.

I dunno, it could be that I viewed it in the right state of mind and for that reason I did not find it all that abhorrent; as a matter of fact, I thought it more tolerable than His Name Was Sam Walbash which I do consider to be pretty tedious stuff in spite of its idiosyncrasies. Needless to say, the director made better movies than this, but it is what it is; Mitchellā€™s hair never looked better than here, his coiffure is almost as ravishing as that of Simonetta and not all jokes are on the otiose side. Itā€™s definitely no doozy, as it grows quite torpid and torturous towards the end, but nowhere as slapsticky as I had expected it to be and all things considered, you could still do worse than this probably. Itā€™s average as far as spaghetti comedies are concerned which means it is bad i.e. the regular kind of bad, but not entirely unentertaining.

6 Likes

My condolences as well @Toscano, I raise a silent toast for you and your brother, RIP to him.

2 Likes

Spagvember Fest Day 4

10,000 Dollari per un Massacro

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/10.000_dollari_per_un_massacro

First time watch. I had quite the good time with this one, solid Action SW, with a nice dose of revenge sprinkled in. Garko also gets extra points added to his great performance for shedding a tear when he finds the woman he loved dead in the stagecoach robbery. His first time in the genre was a great debut.

Iā€™ve come to really enjoy Claudio Camaso Volonte as an actor, he really did have the right presence and charisma to go far. I donā€™t know what kind of demons he had lurking in him, but itā€™s a shame he never got control of them and that he life went so tragically. He did a fine job as the slimy Manuel, even if he used a little too much eye makeup.

The Koch DVD is excellent in quality and I was really glad they had English subs for the Garko interview as well as the feature.

8 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m also a big fan of Camaso. I especially like his creepy performance in Vengeance.

1 Like

Your daughter is so adorable Asa, I dare anyone to look at her smiling face and not smile themselves.

I too enjoy One After Another with Richard Harrison, a fairly underrated mid card entry in the SW genre. Iā€™ll be popping my DVD from Colosseo Films later this month.

1 Like

Day 4: Corri, uomo, corri
It already happend, I mist day 3 :-1: I started this movie yesterday but due lag of time I stopped it very soon. Further, quality of first Koch DVD is kind of badā€¦ Luckily I also own Koch rainbow DVD. Never the less, Iā€™m happy about upcoming Blu Ray release and hope for a german release next year.
Run, Man, Run is not a top tier Spaghetti, but one of the better ones. And I have a personal connection to it. It was one of my first Spaghettis I have ever seen. German Cinematic Cut on TV. I instantly liked Milian as Cuchillo, mexican rascal with knifes instead of revolver and the lightlyness of this movie. And Chelo Alonso was a beautiful woman.

btw, does anyone remember where to find the Easter Egg on Koch rainbow DVD? Cannot find it in internet anymore.

4 Likes

Day 4

El bandido Malpelo

Despite the sloppy camera, this one was pretty good. Iā€™d love to watch it again with some decent transfer.

9 Likes

DAY 5:

Uccidi o muori (1966) - Director: Tanio Boccia - 4/10

One one hand, there is nothing inherently wrong with the movie as such, on the other hand though, there are simply not enough novel constituents in here to rectify its consummate mediocrity. The issue is that everything the film sets out to portray was depicted earlier in other works with superior results and in much finer style. Hence, while the motion picture ticks all the boxes as regards the overall competence of its execution, the production has too much of an American feel to bring out all the right flavors indispensable for such a spartan material.

In other words, narratively original it ainā€™t and neither is it stylistically titillating. The direction and the script are good enough to hold your interest throughout, yet the outing fails at anything transcending these basic requirements. The biggest obstacle seems to be that neither is it a regular American oater nor a proper serving of spaghetti, so it ends up being a flavorless entry with almost no distinguishing factors whatsoever. It might have been more memorable had it featured a couple of psychedelic touches and more grit, but there is simply nothing of note here to redress this thoroughgoing blandness in general.

7 Likes

Day 4

Ace High (1968)

Just fine, quite boring at some parts and Iā€™ve never been a big Spencer or Hill fan but Wallach is always a joy to watch. 3/5

Day 5

Guns and Guts (1974)

Although this one is very slow to start off with, it picks up amazingly in the last act. The villain has an almost bond lair-type base and the last 10 minutes is a huge shootout setpiece in an abandoned monastery with loads of Peckinpah-style slow-mo shots with plenty of fake blood spurting out of peopleā€™s wounds. Easily worth it just for the finale alone. 3.5/5

8 Likes