Spagvemberfest 2022 - the legend continues

Cooking new ones…

1 Like

The excitement is increasing…

7 Likes

It’s time to start convincing the misses to join the festivities. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s nearly time, muchachos! Sweep up those cobwebs, kick those pumpkins into the creek!

Tomorrow, we eat spaghetti.

5 Likes

That’s great ! I’ve been buying and watching a lot lately , for a while now… I know , madness right… lol…or I’ll get on you tube and go wild and switching from one movie to the next ,. Then running to the computer researching ,taking notes and Writing…so my point being …this year isn’t gonna be hard for me …although I’ll probably make it challenging for me and try to find stuff I have not seen and rare… Nice to here from you Amigo , hope all is well brother.

1 Like

You too! It’s been awhile.

4 Likes

In the middle of packing up and getting ready to move on to the next prairie.

I may not be able to watch my quota.

Certainly watch the Leone Trilogy.

1 Like

I’ll try to watch as many as I can. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Please for those on the web asking what the “fest” is, have this blog post by @last.caress at your fingertips to share The What? Why? and How? of SpagvemberFest!

2 Likes

Day 1

And so it begins.

I am kicking things off with HIs Name Was Pot…They Called Him Allegria (1971).

Suo nome era Pot, Il - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

pot 3

It has long been rumored that Peter Martell was the original choice to play Trinity but due to an injury, with various legends surrounding it, he was replaced by Terence Hill. For anyone curious as to what a Martell portrayal of Trinity would look like need to look no further than this film. It begins as a comedy, with lots of Trinity inspired attempts at humor, but then eventually, and strangely, delves into a much darker place. Despite the uneven nature of the film as a whole, there were actually several entertaining elements within the film (including a grave digger who digs his graves with dynamite) but the movie on the whole fails to hit the mark.

7 Likes

I couldn’t get much sleep so I took an early start with the best.

#1. Leone: Once upon a time in the west
-I watched it from the blu-ray for the first time now. This film is so rich with details that I can always spot some new things I haven’t noticed before. 10/10

8 Likes

Anyone using Letterboxd? If so, please use the hastag

1 Like

that goes for anywhere on the net, too. On FB and Twitter, I will try to capture these as good as I can

1 Like

Day 1

Two sons of Ringo

For starters, a funny one. At least, I hope so.
Here’s the Portuguese VHS tape:

5 Likes

I thought this rumor concerns “God forgives I don’t”.
Still I’m adding this one to my spagvemberfest watchlist.

1 Like

Now that I think about it, I believe you are correct. The rumor about the injury was for “God Forgives…” but I also do believe that I read somewhere that Martell and George Eastman were once considered for the first Trinity movie. I think I just muddled up all the rumors in my head. :laughing:

My apologies to all.

1 Like

I will “kind of” join as well.
I thought I would take this opportunity to expand my spaghetti knowledge.
So went through the different “top 20” lists from here and compiled my own list of films I haven’t seen yet.
(meaning pretty much just removing all the ones with LVC in them…)
I thought it could be a good place to start :sunflower:

So here’s 21 films I’m planning on getting though this month in no particular order.

• the Great Silence
  • Django
  • the Mercenary
  • Companeros
  • Duck, you sucker!
  • Face to Face
  • A Bullet for the General
  • Cemetery without crosses
  • Keoma
  • Return of Ringo
  • My name is Nobody
  • Django kill, if you live, shoot!
  • Run man Run
  • Navajo Joe
  • A Pistol for Ringo
  • the Dirty Outlaws
  • Shoot the living, Pray for the dead
  • Tepepa
  • the Ugly Ones
  • Viva Django
  • Machine gun killers

Happy watching, Amigos!

11 Likes

Throw in The Forgotten Pistolero and that is a pretty strong list to start with, :laughing:

5 Likes