17. Pistoleros
  18. Django, the Last Killer and Hate Thy Neighbor
  19. Death Knows No Time aka Tierra Brava
  20. A Hole in the Forehead aka A Hole Between the Eyes
  21. Tequila Joe aka Time and a Place for Killing
  22. May God Forgive You…But I Won’t aka May God Forgive You…Not Me
  23. Vengeance
  24. No Room to Die aka A Hanging for Django
  25. Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die aka Today It’s Me…Tomorrow You!
  26. Ride for a Massacre aka Ultimate Gunfighter aka Fury of Johnny Kid
  27. The Forgotten Pistolero
  28. Cemetery Without Crosses
  29. The Big Gundown
  30. For a Few Dollars More

Everything for the month was a re-watch except Death Knows No Time which turned out to be a very enjoyable find.

7 Likes

Recap list here:

5 Likes

Obviously very unconcentrated (I have an excuse, not disclosed here) I became more and more confused reading your review (what slapstick ?, anything wrong with the music by Roberto Pregadio ? etc) with this outrageous critisism of one of my 8/10 rated SWs, until I realized that I vendicatori dell’Ave Maria isn’t exactly the same as Il pistolero dell’Ave Maria . :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Day 30: The Grand Duel (1972)

Rewatched on the beautiful Arrow bluray.

Despite the enforced break I’ve enjoyed this year’s fest. Now to compile a list of films that I’ve not seen (depending on people’s scores, obvs).

Grand Duel

…and here’s the full 2021 list

10 Likes

Spagvemberfest 2021

Day 30

A Genius, Two Partners and a Dupe (Damiani / 1975)

After yesterday’s classic I felt up to revisiting something I remembered less positively and so finished on another not very good poster for a not very good film choice. To be fair I think I liked it better this time around but it does let itself down a few times with unnecessary silliness. It’s perfectly acheivable to make a western which is light-hearted without descending into nonsense and this one achieves it most of the time. Just not enough.

So that’s me done and another Spagvemberfest for another year. Well done to all those who completed the month and to those who just went for part of the ride. I’ve enjoyed getting my posters out and also enjoyed most of the films and absolutely loved some too. Next November can’t come soon enough.

9 Likes

Day 30 - Apache Gold

Once again I’m finishing with a Winnetou. Damn vivid colors!

Overall it was a good marathon, mostly watched new stuff. Four revisions I think. I don’t have that much free time so I almost didn’t watch other genres during this month and that caused me a considerable fatigue.

Well. I’ll write an extended resume at my blog later this week. Those who can read a bit of Portuguese might try it. I’ll leave the link when posted.

9 Likes

Spagvemberfest 2021, Day 30:THE STRANGER AND THE GUNFIGHTER aka BLOOD MONEY (1974)

I thought I’d end the month with a movie or two that would make a nice segue into the upcoming “Deucember” challenge, and this one seemed perfect. This co-production between Carlo Ponti and Hong Kong’s Run Run Shaw tries to blend the spaghetti western and kung fu genres with a large dose of comedy, and I think does a pretty good job of it. Van Cleef and Lo Lieh team up to recover Lieh’s uncle’s stolen treasure, the clues to the location of which are tattooed to the keisters of four women (Patty Shepard, Femi Benussi, Erika Blanc and Karen Yeh), all while being trailed by a crazy and sinister preacher. This is not a movie to be taken seriously at all, and stalwart director Antonio Margheriti does a good job keeping things light and breezy. Van Cleef seems to be relaxed and having a good time here. He sings, briefly, and spends the entirety of the climax shirtless. Yes, there are lots of butt jokes, and I hated the use of a slide whistle sound effect whenever Lieh would jump over people, but this is fun, silly fluff and I enjoyed it as such. As a genre mash-up, this is one of the more successful ones. 7/10.

I’m also squeezing in one more for the hell of it today: TWO FACES OF THE DOLLAR (1967)

About halfway through this heist western, and so far it’s darn good. Nice to see Gerard Herter in a role that requires him to do more than wear a moncole.

This has been a blast, gang. Yes, the fatigue really set in over the last few days, but now I’m ready for Deucember!

9 Likes

https://boxd.it/dW9SK

Here’s my spagvemberfest list. Hope I do this right, or you’ll get a dog picture for real.

7 Likes

That’s awesome! But I don’t remember a spaghetti western with a poodle in it. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, kind of right I guess. Here’s a dog picture anyway

12 Likes

23rd - Magnesium

I finished the fest with this Polish western/mobstern bizarre piece with spaghetti tuned like soundtrack. @Mickey13 have you seen this?

5 Likes

And they’re Sabata fans too! Maybe we need to start a dog pic topic. :smiley:

2 Likes

Nah, not that interested in the post-1989 Polish cinema. Is it any good at least?

Well, hard to say, but it’s kind of unique in its own way, I haven’t seen anything like that, but I’m not sure if that is a compliment. But I do like some parts of it, especially first hour is pretty good.

1 Like

Quite a Spagvemberfest this one was, maybe a record :slight_smile:

5 Likes
Ten Thousand Dollars Blood Money For $100,000 Dollars for a Killing
Black Killer God Made Them …. I Kill Them!
Sky Full of Stars for a Roof No Graves on Boot Hill
Three Graves for a Winchester Johnny Yuma
Kill the Poker Player My Horse, My Gun, Your Widow
Black Jack Blood for a Silver Dollar
Death Knows No Time Sugar Colt
Thirteenth is a Judas Ringo’s Mark of Vengeance
Matalo! Execution
Johnny Hamlet If You Want to Live …. Shoot!
Cjamango Hole in the Forehead
Savage Gringo Arizona Colt
Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead Killer Goodbye
Four Gunmen of the Holy Trinity Bounty Killer for Trinity
Adios Hombre My Name is Pecos

I managed although a few days late to watch the above films - I chose those that I had never watched that were available on YouTube - some good some bad and some downright ugly!!!

6 Likes

Here’s my recap. You can hit the translate button.

5 Likes

November is on the horizon. Will there be a Spagvemberfest 2022?

2 Likes

But of course… Can soeone make a few ads for it for me to post? Also I suggest each year’s fest to have it’s own topic

2 Likes

18 posts were split to a new topic: Spagvemberfest 2022